The Program enables the sharing of information across the organization’s components’ Partners and other Government Agencies to include shared internet, intranet, and extranet services. Program and Project Management, Enterprise Architecture and Engineering, Engineering Operational Support (Tier II and Tier III support level,) and the Enterprise Operations Center (Tier I support level). The Program and Project Management functional area is responsible for the performance of the program and project management support, program and project reporting activities, project artifact development, artifact organization and configuration management. The Engineering Operational Tier II-III Support functional area is responsible for the operations, maintenance, management, change request management, and break-fix of the networkinfrastructure. The Enterprise Operations Center functional area is responsible for the continuous (24 hours, 365 days a year) monitoring, analysis, restoration, troubleshooting, escalation, coordination, and reporting of operational information concerning infrastructure.
- Possess and apply comprehensive IT knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments. Typical deployments include new office setups, networkinfrastructure upgrades, workstation relocations, etc.
- Manage the team to implement and monitor installations of hardware and software: networkswitches, file and print servers, tape back-up units, desktop computers, laptops, tablets, printers, and various specialized equipment (cameras, fingerprint scanners, special test equipment (STE), etc.).
- Contribute to deliverables and performance metrics
- Possess and apply knowledge of the DHS network and voice communications environments
- Plan and lead major technology assignments
- Perform hardware and software installations, as a team member or site lead
- Complete single engineer technology assignments
- Mentor and train fellow team members
- Install and test new servers, switches, routers, end-user computers, network printers, external hard drives, fax servers, document scanners and other peripheral equipment, as well as operating systems software, COTS and GOTS applications
- Ensure end user access to Government mainframe applications
- Document network configurations and inventories
- Support the Planning phase of the project lifecycle with respect to the voice and network deployment needs by; planning, documenting, and staffing
- Support the Execution phase of the project lifecycle with respect to the voice and network deployment needs by; completing the on-site installation, providing remote installation support, or supporting the on-site engineers
- Support the Closing phase of the project lifecycle with respect to the voice and network deployment needs by; completing or insuring completion of all work products
- 10 years of overall network enginneering management and wide area networkexperience with technical and management teams
- ITIL and CMMI experience highly desirable
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- ITIL Certification
- US Citizenship is required.