We are looking for people who enjoy administrative support, who thrive in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment and excel at time management, organization and planning skills. Your love of efficiency, attention to detail, resourcefulness and good judgment to ensure smooth operations of the team will make you successful in this role. The Senior Program Assistant provides administrative support to members of the Innovative Technology Solutions (ITS) team as well as general team support.
- Schedule a high volume of appointments/meetings and manage complex calendars for the team members. Very often meetings are scheduled over a number of time zones (international as well as domestic) and often include multiple communication links (i.e. conference call numbers and/or video conferencing).
- Make arrangements for and track extensive domestic and international travel for the team (including securing visas when required). Travel arrangements may also be required for participants of foundation sponsored meetings.
- Schedule and plan for remote, on-site, and off-site meetings, conferences, and presentations, which may include coordinating arrangements for participants, handling logistics, preparing and disseminating materials, and use of remote meeting management platforms and tools.
- Maintain an organized system of tracking, monitoring, and prioritizing tasks and projects.
- Create, modify and/or maintain organized files and records, which may include team sites for knowledge management and record retention.
- Provide communications support and assistance to ensure timely responses to inquiries including acting as liaison for team with internal & external partners, answering questions, and routing requests appropriately.
- Work proactively and take initiative to support the varying needs of the team and adapt to business needs associated with remote work environments.
- Compile and process invoices, expense reports, reimbursements, and check requests with accuracy and timeliness for the team members and participants of meetings.
- Other duties or special projects related to team operations, such as projects in support of team culture, increasing team process efficiency, space planning, or other.
- May include supervision of other assistants.
Core Knowledge & Skills
- Experience setting priorities and meeting milestones while balancing the needs of providing support for multiple individuals, including calendar management, travel arrangements, and event planning coordination.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in an environment requiring diplomacy and good judgment in managing interactions with individuals at all levels inside and outside an organization.
- Demonstrated effectiveness meeting goals in a role requiring continual attention to detail in composing, typing, and proofing materials.
- Experience establishing organizational systems to improve efficiency and functioning in a changing environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Outlook, Microsoft Office, and PowerPoint is required. Previous experience MS SharePoint and OneNote preferred, but not required. Experience in learning and mastering new software applications.
- Demonstrated positive, collaborative approach to work, including a commitment to client-service and problem solving.
Education & Experience
- 5 years work experience in an office setting is desirable, preferably in an administrative role for a complex and fast-paced organization, interacting intensively with internal and external contacts.