About The Role
We are looking for talented software engineers to help us expand our financial product offering to include a Profile-based banking solution. The ideal candidate is a hands-on, articulate and focused individual, who can own projects, features and functionality; mentor others, and comprehend the application architecture.
By joining SoFi, you're joining a new kind of finance company based around speed, transparency, and alignment with our members’ interests. Our goal is to be the center of our members’ financial lives. We created studentloan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge this new generation has through a new approach to lending. We expanded into other types of loans, and then into insurance and wealth management with similarly inventive products. As the company has grown, we’ve been able to help more people with these tools.
SoFi has achieved significant growth, with big plans ahead. In just the last year, we've more than doubled our member base (260,000 strong), doubled loan volume ($8 billion in 2016), and grown our team from under 200 people to more than 900. We're preparing to go global, with expansion to Australia and Canada planned this year. And we're well capitalized to power all this growth, having raised $1.9 billion in equity backing. But we'll only be able to continue this growth with great talent, and that includes you.
- Full development life-cycle from project requirement to deployment.
- Consistent ability to design and implement solutions that are robust, maintainable and well-accepted by peers and technical leaders.
- Write code that meets functional requirements and is testable and maintainable.
- Communicate with project leads, database professionals and other software developers on multiple projects.
- Foster a culture of creativity, collaboration, speed, innovation, excellence and a fun work environment.
- 10+ years of software engineeringexperience
- Computer Science/EngineeringDegree or equivalent from a fully-accredited college or university; or ten to fifteen years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge Profile, M Language & MUMP Database, PSL
- Work and play with others; SoFi is a collaborative environment.