About The Role
We are looking for talented software engineers to help us expand our financial product offering to include a Profile-basedbanking solution. The ideal candidate is a hands-on, articulate and focused individual, who can own projects, features and functionality; mentor others, and comprehend the application architecture.
SoFi is a new kind of finance company taking a radical approach to lending, wealth management and insurance. From unprecedented products and tools to faster service and open conversations, we’re all about helping our members get ahead and find success. Whether they’re looking to buy a home, save money on student loans, ascend in their careers, or invest in the future, the SoFi community works to empower our members to accomplish the goals they set and achieve financial greatness as a result. Having raised nearly $2 billion in funding since 2011 and boasting over 400,000 members and 1,300 employees, SoFi’s future is bright.
- Full development life-cycle from project requirement to deployment.
- Consistent ability to design and implement solutions that are robust, maintainable and well-accepted by peers and technical leaders.
- Write code that meets functional requirements and is testable and maintainable.
- Communicate with project leads, database professionals and other software developers on multiple projects.
- Foster a culture of creativity, collaboration, speed, innovation, excellence and a fun work environment.
- 10+ years of software engineering experience
- Computer Science/Engineering Degree or equivalent from a fully-accredited college or university; or ten to fifteen years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge Profile, M Language & MUMP Database, PSL
- Work and play with others; SoFi is a collaborative environment.
- Understanding of fundamental software engineering practices including version control, build processes, continuous integration (CI), and continuous deployment (CD).
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
Personal Attributes of the Ideal Candidate Include
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced growing company.
- Ability to drive a project from inception to completion.
- Enthusiasm for solving challenging problems.
- Team attitude: a willingness to roll up your sleeves, work with others and get stuff done.
- Self-directed needing limited active support for getting a given task accomplished.
- Company paid lunch program, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning. ?
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.