About The Role
We are seeking a skilled DevOps Engineer who has the ability to maintain production Profile banking systems in the cloud to join our growing team in Claymont, DE. The ideal candidate is a person who fully embraces the use of automation tools and has experience in high-traffic transactional environments
SoFi is a new kind of finance company taking a radical approach to lending, wealth management and insurance. From unprecedented products and tools to faster service and open conversations, we’re all about helping our members get ahead and find success. Whether they’re looking to buy a home, save money on student loans, ascend in their careers, or invest in the future, the SoFi community works to empower our members to accomplish the goals they set and achieve financial greatness as a result. Having raised nearly $2 billion in funding since 2011 and boasting over 400,000 members and 1,300 employees, SoFi’s future is bright.
- Perform FIS Profile banking system production support and release management
- Work closely with a team of developers, database and QA engineers, to understand and anticipate the agile infrastructure needs of the development and testing processes; create an environment where dev and QA work can proceed securely, efficiently, and flexibly.
- Create and maintain automation scripts and develop scripts to move data to external systems
- Create and maintain monitoring tools for Real-Time and EOD processes
- Work collaboratively to provide senior infrastructure guidance to the team for short-term issues and long-termplanning and vision
- Foster a culture of creativity, collaboration, speed, innovation, excellence and a fun work environment
- 8+ Years of Gt.M database support including
- GT.M processing in the cloud and associated security considerations
- GT.M database management utilities
- 8+ Years of FIS Profile Core Banking system support
- Deep knowledge of underlying database structure
- Ability to perform
- Database performance tuning
- Repair/rebuilding and journaling
- Real-time replication and recovery
- Proficiency writing complex scripts in a standard scripting language (Bourne shell, Python, Ruby), and some experience in a traditional programming language (C/C++/Java).
- Experience supporting high traffic web environments.
- Work and play with others; SoFi is a collaborative environment.
- Capable of Managing GT.m upgrades
- Knowledge of Linux Systems Engineering.
- Knowledge of consul and docker.
- Knowledge of Atlassian’s suite of tools, JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo.
- Experience administering infrastructure in public cloud providers (AWS, Azure, Google)
Personal Attributes of the Ideal Candidate Include
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced growing company.
- Ability to drive a project from inception to completion.
- Enthusiasm for solving challenging problems.
- Team attitude: a willingness to roll up your sleeves, work with others and get stuff done.
- Self-directed needing limited active support for getting a given task accomplished.
- Company paid lunch program, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning. ?
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.