Analyzes, identifies and calculates the risk of loss for policy holders and the organization. Underwrites new policies, renewals and amendments of moderately complex insurance contracts.
Essential Job Functions
- zReviews moderately complex insurance proposals, calculates possible risk, assesses situations regarding insurance coverage, and provides alternative solutions where appropriate.
- Gathers information, determines variables, and calculates individual or organizational insurance coverage cost.
- Determines client suitability for insurance coverage through review of credit history while considering possible legal implications.
- Negotiates policyholder contract terms and prepares documentation of the policies in accordance with specified terms.
- Meets with clients to discuss their insurance policies in order to ensure appropriate coverage; provides alternative approaches to policies as appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or related field preferred
- Six or more years of underwriting experience
- Experience working with underwriting methodologies
- Experience working with insurance practices
- Experience working with organizational insurance procedures and policies
- Good communication skills
- Good organization and planning skills
- Good personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to create and maintain working relationships with clients