Senior Professional Services Consultant - Business Application Modernization
The Lab Service Engineer is a product expert and trusted advisor providing primarily post sales technical expertise during the installation, implementation and maintenance of company products. Provide expertise to Rocket Customers and Rocket internal resources by disseminating technical information on specific applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following and note the percent at the end of each bullet. Place in descending order from highest to lowest amount of activity, should total to 100%:
- Technical Expertise.
- Established credibility as SME on multiple products.
- Develop in-depth conceptual and technical knowledge of Rocket product line including new releases, new products and interfaces.
- Present and deliver highly technical presentations and training on products.
- Provides technical expertise during the installation, implementation and maintenance of company products.
- Liaison with Lab to research and respond to detailed questions from prospective and current customers.
- Provide consulting services to implement detailed customer implementation requirements.
- Ensures that client’s needs have been met and that the product/solution is fully functioning according to specification.
- Liaison between customer and technical support team to resolve complex issues.
- Sharing customer feedback to product management for future enhancements.
- Demonstrate an understanding of practical application of the products in a variety of customer environments.
- Provide services to customers.
- Establish credibility with a broad range of business resources; highly experienced developers, systems administrators, project managers, business end users, and executives.
- Using established techniques, deliver services that allow for successful proof of concept and post-sales deployment of purchased products.
- Guide customers in the architecture, design, development and configuration of Rocket products and train customers in administration and use of the products.
- Use Rocket products to develop and deliver turnkey solutions.
- Handle objections professionally; answer questions quickly and coherently; deal with challenges assertively and persuasively.
- Self-manage assignments, project budgets, and administrative tasks, managing multiple projects simultaneously from start to finish.
- Work as an effective team member in large implementation projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience
- 8+ years in related Information Technology position
- Project management or team lead position experience
- Development experience in the required technical disciplines
- Senior level skills in the following technical disciplines:
- Web application architecture
- Application and script development using a variety of languages and tools
- Databasetechnologies (e.g. SQL, DB2)
- Proven critical thinking, analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship management and communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Web services and mobile application development
- Mainframe and/or IBM i server and operating systems (i5/OS, Windows, Linux, AIX)
- Previous experience with business application modernization
- Previous consulting experience desirable
- Previous travel oriented position held