Essential Job Functions
- Provides more complex design documents and translates into component-level designs to accelerate development. Assists in developing strategy, design and data gathering approaches.
- Provides high level design expertise in support of development team efforts to provide flexible reusable components to increase cost effectiveness. Analyzes, designs and reviews design of applications and suites of applications to ensure that customer specifications are satisfied.
- Assists in overseeing relationships between application architects and development teams to ensure that product development and implementation are coordinated. Works with product development teams and senior designers in developing design requirements that are accurate and relevant to company needs. Recommends alternative courses of action as appropriate to meet requirement needs.
- Reviews and analyzes gathered information in technical research; evaluates tools and methodologies to ensure that designs adhere to current industry, client and company standards. Develops and provides technical documentation, participates and oversees test-plan development, integration and deployment.
- Assists in overseeing business process work sessions, project meetings and joint applications development sessions to ensure that product design decisions are communicated to departmental personnel.
- Functions as a domain expert and works closely with software developers to explain the application design, and coordinates activities between the two functions to enhance product quality and efficiency. Participates in cost analysis studies to determine feasibility of approaches.
- Utilizes experience in development methodologies, coding documentation, testing methodology and industry standards to define and develop project requirements, functional specifications and detailed design of application solutions for clients.
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel. Guides the work of less experienced developers to create, maintain and communicate details of application designs to ensure that designs are according to specifications.
- May provides technical consulting on complex projects. Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time and form of desired results.
- Minimally, must have at least 5 years experience as an Senior Technical Leader, experience in the following areas, and graduated with Computer Science Degree or equivalent
- Knowledgeable and experienced in: - Leading a Technical Team - Service Oriented Architecture - Oracle Databasetechnology (PL/SQL) - OS-scripting - JAVA - JAVA/ADF - VB - Oracle - SQL - HTML - UNIX OS
- Preferred additional Skills: - RDBMS or hierarchical data on the mainframe or client server and web platforms - Data warehousing - Software Configuration Management practices and systems.
- Strong working knowledge of desktop environment and ability to analyze cross platform dependencies
- Experience using Object Oriented, UML, or other design tools - Oracle Middleware support - Linux/Unix
- Experience - Oracle SOA Suite - Universal Content Management - WebCenter Content - Experience with LDAP Server - Oracle Data Integrator - Database 11g - SharePoint - v5/V6 Catia Enovia
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in business, software engineering, computer science or related field preferred
- Six or more years of product design and support experience
- Experience working with software design, software development life cycle, and development methodologies and implementation
- Experience working with product systems design principles
- Experience working with appropriate programming languages, operating systems, hardware and software
- Experience working with company application development policies and procedures
- Experience working with company software and hardware products and related business issues that may impact overall business plans
- Good analytical, problem solving, creative thinking and design skills applicable to multiple products
- Good communication skills to communicate with application developers, customers, support personnel and management
- Mentoring and training skills to guide and direct work of less experienced specialists
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and switch between tasks quickly
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Requisition ID 1700P16