Senior Production Supervisor
Senior Production Supervisor
CANDIDATE MUST HAVE VERIFICATION
- Aerospace or aircraft production manufacturing
- Supervising and/or leading a production team
- Continuous Improvement
- Six Sigma
Our client, a provider of products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets, is seeking an experienced production manufacturing professional to join their world class team, to work at their facilities located in the SW Region of the US, to work in the capacity of Senior Production Supervisor.
The chosen candidate will possess manufacturing experience (Electrical, Mechanical, and Hydraulic Systems) with Composite Aircraft Structures-Airframes. The ideal candidate will possess most current or most recent experience with a large OEM, or composites/systems/structures of military aircraft manufacturing facilities organization.
The successful candidate will possess hands on experience and act as a subject matter expert in the installation/drilling/fastening/bracketry associated with cable assemblies, wiring harnesses, wiring diagrams, conductivity tests, hydraulic tubes, valves, gauges, compression fittings, leak testing, as well as sequencing of the process steps.
* Lead systems installation and complex aircraft assembly manufacturing
* Utilize effective kitting techniques to ensure all proper components are delivered to the mechanic in the most convenient / efficient manner.
* Utilize effective FOD prevention and inspection / control techniques.
* Supervise assembly of composite components into a structure via preforms, co-cure, co-bond and mechanical fasteners.
* Use of disciplined problem solving methodologies and tools (5 Why, 8D, PFMEA, Process Capability Analysis, SPC, Poke-yoke, etc)
* Implementation of continuous improvement, to include lean, six sigma and/or other improvement methodologies (Value Stream Mapping, Visual Controls, Pull Systems, 5S, Standard Work, etc)
Best Industry – Aerospace/Aviation, Manufacturing
Best Department – Production
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or a related Engineering discipline or a combination of education and 10 years of experience is required.
- 8 – 10 years of aerospace or aircraft production manufacturing experience is required.
- Must have an active DoD secret clearance or investigation within the last four years is required.
- Experience within a large OEM or composites /systems/structures of military aircraft manufacturing experience is required.
- EVMS/CAM experience is preferred.
- Start-up program experience is preferred.
- Experience cultivating, developing and leading a high performing team, establishing clear expectations, and promoting diversity.
- C-Level communications skills (i.e. verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation) are mandatory in this role.
- Demonstrated ability to empower and engage team members.
- Strong business acumen in the Aerospace industry (i.e. major manufacturing technologies and methods) is required.
- Ability to drive continuous improvements in organizations and processes is required.
- Experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, and MS PowerPoint is required.
US Citizens or Green Card holders only apply. No H1b visa sponsorship will be offered with this position.