Our client is hiring a Senior Production Planner who will be responsible for leading the overall production planning process. This candidate will initiate and maintain the Materials Requirements Planning (MRP) system to ensure the timely release of material to support an efficient build process. He/She will utilize advanced statistical modeling tools, machine learned algorithms along with historical sales trends to forecast accurate inventory targets and allocation plans to ensure customer requirements are met. This role will lead the generation of large scale and complex plans that are essential to the efficiency of the overall production operation. Drive systems, process and reporting automation with key internal cross functional teams. Develop plans that are reviewed and approved by the senior management team.
- 8+ years of relevant experience in forecasting, demand/inventory planning and supply chain management in the electronics manufacturing industry.
- Take ownership of the end-to-end material planning process including demand planning, capacity planning, historical usage analysis and customer forecasts.
- Must be able to create and implement inventory targets and allocation strategies to maximize inventory levels and turns. Proven track record in inventory reduction techniques required.
- Must be able to maintain production schedule.
- Must be able to lead the integration of innovative solutions that facilitates improvements in managing demand forecast and inventory strategies for multiple product lines. Initiate appropriate corrective action measures as required.
- Knowledge of multi-level bills of material structuring required.
- Must have proven ability to manage large scale and complex projects with experience in leading cross functional projects.
- Advanced software skills in ERP/MRP forecasting systems. Preferable EPICOR version 9 or higher.
- Must have experience with Manufacturing Job order generation, release and maintenance.
- Must have experience with Standard Operating procedure generation (SOP).
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft office products required. In particular, Excel pivot tables and VLOOKUPS.
- Must have experience with Engineering Change Order (ECO) disposition, effectivity and production implementation.
- Bachelor’s degree with a quantitative focus, or degree in Operations Management, Engineering/Mathematics.
- APICS certification a plus