The Senior Production Manager is responsible for all aspects of production, purchasing, and execution of account or project based print jobs. This person will work with suppliers, internal team members, and external stakeholders to ensure projects are purchased and executed in a way that ensures quality and competitive pricing while overseeing and executing a high volume of complex projects.
- Manage all aspects of production with vendors on behalf of the client, conferring with vendors concerning delivery timetables and maintaining current status of assigned projects at all times.
- Build relationships with clients and develop communication channels to ensure smooth workflow; liaison between internal stakeholders, agencies and suppliers to ensure quality, on-time delivery within budget parameters.
- Gather job requirements and perform procurement and project management of campaigns or projects with understanding of the client’s objectives. Manage the client’s jobs on-budget, on-time and with the highest level of service and quality.
- Enter all specifications into proprietary order management system (PPM4), prepare request for bid specifications, and send to selected vendors. Maintain accurate price quotation data in PPM4 for all projects/vendors quoted.
- Investigate potential suppliers and recommend those most desirable based on knowledge of manufacturing limitations, supplier facilities and schedule availability.
- Develop program strategies which are both beneficial and economical for the client. Advise on economic formats, working with internal stakeholders and agencies to derive cost efficiencies for print projects and/or campaigns.
- Analyze job revenue, cost and profitability by job and/or project, as well as quarterly and yearly analysis and reporting.
- Work within established operating budgets and maintain daily tracking and analysis of benchmarking information.
- Proactively identify and present additional production solutions to continuously resell InnerWorkings to grow and generate account revenue.
- Train, mentor and work closely with production manager(s), and coordinator(s).
- Ability to work with little to no direct supervision while still being part of a team.
- Consistently exceed client expectations and provide superior customer service.
- 5-8years of print production experience.
- Detailed track record of successful print purchasing experience in a manufacturing, client, or agency environment.
- Proven project management skills.
- Experience working with suppliers and vendors to negotiate job costs and schedules.
- Highly proficient with MS Office software, especially Excel.
- Entrepreneurial minded with an internal drive to continuously hit goals and succeed.
- Experience excelling within fast paced, high energy environments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline or equivalent work experience.