Energy for what's ahead
Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We're working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
Are you passionate about safely providing reliable energy solutions? Are you dedicated to working with Generation equipment and improving and maintaining the equipment? Come take a look at how our team works to keep SCE as one of the best and inclusive Utilities to work for.
Generation is responsible for the safe and reliable operation of Southern California Edison's Generation assets. Which includes: battery energy storage, diesel, hydro, propane, solar, gas, combined cycle, and fuel cells, in addition to operating gas and water distribution utilities on Santa Catalina Island.
We need for you to be accountable and lead responsibility for safe and compliant operating and maintaining area battery, fuel cell, gas, hydro-electric and rooftop solar generation assets and associated transmission / distribution infrastructure operated from a regional Control Center. Edison Eastern Operations generation assets consist of both legacy and complex state of the art power generation systems that require a skilled labor team to operate and maintain. The combined assets across the Los Angeles Basin are capable of generation output of 1,430 MW supplied from a combined portfolio of sources. The Production Manager leads daily operations and maintenance organizations for area assets
Detailed Things you will be doing…….
- You will Operate and Maintain Generating Plants, including 24/7 operations and maintenance activities through direct report supervisors or working foremen, which in turn direct the activities of more than 60 field personnel.
- You are a bridge between our Division, Compliance and Finance managers to develop strategic business plans for the organization. Contributes to the development of departmental goals and objectives and management of operating plans and budgets so we can meet financial goals.
- You will assure daily North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) compliance by insuring personnel follow department orders applicable to NERC standards. Manage access compliance during day to day operations to avoid violation.
- Resource planning to insure effective execution for both planned and unplanned maintenance, outages, and operational needs. You will assign work to Maintenance Technicians (Civil, Control, Electrical, Instrumentation, Mechanical, Structural Carpenters, Test and others), Operations Technicians (Heavy Equipment, System and others), as well as Operator Mechanics to address Operations and Maintenance needs.
- You prioritize our safe and environmentally compliant operations of Division personnel, surrounding business and residential areas. We need you to manage our employee training participation to ensure they understand and follow safety programs, processes and procedures. Assure compliance with environmental requirements by supervisors and employees. Insures documentation is provided for company reporting compliance for General Rate Case filings and other regulatory requirements.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications we need you to have……
- Five or more years of Power Generation or similar heavy industrial Operations or Maintenance experience.
- Supervisory or improvement program management experience.
Other things that will set you up for success……..
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- You have experience with power generation equipment
- Demonstrated experience leading organizations through change in order to achieve significant improvement in business results.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to follow Edison safety protocols and safe work practices.
- Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- Relocation may apply to this position
- This position has been identified as a NERC/CIP impacted position - Prior to being hired, the successful candidate must pass a Personnel Risk Assessment (PRA) or Background Investigation. Once hired, the candidate must complete specified training prior to gaining un-escorted access to assigned work location and performing necessary job duties