As a company that values diversity, equity, and inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this opportunity. We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, anti-racism training, and bias prevention initiatives, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
More importantly, you will build relationships throughout the organization and represent the company and brand in line with our culture. You will act as an extension of the wider PD & Production team. You maximize productivity for the team, enabling them to do their best work.
This role will report to the Senior Director of Product Development & Production and is based at our HQ in SoHo, NYC.
What you’ll do:
- Manage end-to-end production processes from procurement to payment including overseeing product set up, production timeline, raw material management and WIPs amongst other tasks. Work to prioritize production orders with vendors, escalating issues and communicating progress to Key Stakeholders internally.
- Vendor management: forging a deep understanding of the production process and nuances between vendors. Onboard and train external vendors on Away’s processes and systems. Collaborate and iterate on current processes with efficiency in mind.
- Partner with internal teams on monitoring the health and safety of our production supply chain, ensuring CSR and Quality standards are being met.
- Own capacity management, production allocation and supply planning keeping a pulse on activity within the supply chain. Partner with Sourcing and Asia- based teams to identify gaps and minimize risk.
- Monitor and report on Production Performance ensuring systems are kept up to date, cross functional reports are constantly updated and vendor performance is reported quarterly. Maintain clear and accurate records on surcharges and liabilities.
- Work hand in hand with PD, QC, Sourcing, Packaging and other necessary teams ensuring product cycle deadlines are met and product standards are upheld.
- Build and foster a team driving professional growth, results led initiatives, strengthening internal relationships and building deep and lasting relationships with our external supply chain partners.
- Support company initiatives and technologies. Focus on improving ways of working and overall production timeline in line with business goals.
Who you are:
- Have 5 years minimum of full-time experience in global production preferably in industrial products or soft goods.
- Strong understanding of production processes from PO stage onwards.
- Process driven with a strong sense of curiosity and problem solving.
- Demonstrates ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and successfully
- Possess strong project management skills: one who thinks ahead and anticipates needs—you’re never satisfied with the status quo, always thinking “how can we do this better?”
- Hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Operates as a “partner” / in it together and naturally builds relationships with internal teams and external manufacturing partners
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and energetic environment
- A passionate ambassador of the brand
- Team player with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Passionate about transforming travel (but that’s a given!)