World leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with approximately 66,000 employees and serves more than 3,6 million customers and patients. Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen have been at the core of the company’s activities since its creation in 1902. Air Liquide’s ambition is to be the leader in its industry, delivering long-term performance and acting responsibly.
Entity and activity description
The science of electronics is transforming exponentially through innovation and connectivity around the planet. Every day, breakthroughs are making technologies – from micro-processors, memory chips and flat panels to photovoltaic cells – even smaller and more powerful, opening up countless new possibilities in how the world lives, works and connects. Air Liquide Advanced Materials grows by enabling our customers to innovate. Our ALOHA™ and Voltaix® products are critical to the manufacturer of the newest computer chips required for Big Data and the Internet of Things.
Candidate must have valid employment authorization in the U.S. and must not require visa sponsorship now or in the future. This position is not open for non-immigrant visa sponsorship.
Please click on the link below for additional information regarding Air Liquide Advanced Materials:
Located in Upper Mount Bethel, PA
The Senior Production Engineer acts as a technical resource for personnel in the plant, applying technical skills to optimize plant operations, resolve plant problems and enable safe and efficient production of quality products. The Engineer is expected to be able to lead and interact effectively with a wide variety of teams to implement change effectively and sustain the gains. The Senior Production Engineer is expected to be able to thrive in a fast paced and very dynamic environment.
The engineer will be required to be on call and work nights/weekends depending on business needs.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serves as a subject matter expert and resource on the technical capability and capacity of the production plant. Understands the chemistry of the plant. Understands how the plant operates. Understands key Health, Safety and Environmental parameters including reactive chemical concerns and process safety requirements. Understands the customer specifications and expectations for the product.
- Establishes Key Performance Indicators for each of the plant operations under their responsibility. On a daily basis, monitors the KPIs, trends and the ultimate performance of the unit against the plant goals for personal safety, process safety, quality and productivity.
- Takes action to resolve gaps between performance and goals. Coaches plant personnel to effectively change behaviors when performance is not meeting expectations. Is capable of completing small improvement projects when required.
- Creates and updates documentation including learning resources and Standard Operating Procedures for the plant. Provides knowledge transfer to the operators and ensures it is being used via operator training sessions and operator qualifications on various processes.
- Actively participates in process commissioning and startup activities as a technical representative.
- Develop and lead local capital projects to improve efficiency, reliability, safety, and product line expansion
- Coach and mentor other Engineers and Process Specialists
- Drives a culture of "Do It Safe, Do It Right the First Time" with their actions and their words on a daily basis.
- Successfully complete assigned tasks and trainings
- BS in Chemical Engineering
- 5+ years experience in process, production, or project engineering
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt certification or equivalent knowledge
- Chemical, food or pharmaceutical plant operations experience
- Experience working with highly hazardous chemicals at a manufacturing facility
- Experience establishing, tracking and driving gap closure with KPIs (Key Performance Metrics) or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of PLC and Process Automation control systems
- 5S and Lean Manufacturing experience
- Continuous Improvement experience
- Process hazard analysis training; LOPA and HAZOP
- Root cause investigation training and methodology
- Able to learn technical chemical processes quickly in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Able to effectively work with team mates in Maintenance, R&D, Process Development, Engineering, Quality and HSE (Health, Safety and Environment)
- Improvement project or capital project experience
- Methodical data based problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to multi-task
- Self-starter with the ability to perform well under pressure and changing priorities