$80K — $100K *
Description: At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Performs master production and finite scheduling functions for STERIS St. Louis Operations in line with corporate inventory objectives. Uses the Protean MRP system to requisition the raw materials and components required to support production schedules. Coordinates with Purchasing, Engineering, and Quality to ensure components are available when needed. Performs Database Administrator functions for the FUTURCAST forecasting, Master Production Schedule, and S&OP programs. Responsible for training company associates on the use of the FUTURCAST forecasting system. Leads the monthly Sales & Operations Planning Meeting for St. Louis Operations.
1. Uses the MPS program to develop a master production schedule based upon current inventory levels and net forecasted demand. Inputs master schedule to the Protean MRP system in order to explode the master schedule into net raw material and container requirements as well as purchased finished goods. Initiates requisitions for all purchased raw materials, components and purchased finished goods. Uses the Protean MRP system to maintain schedule dates and evaluate capacity issues.
2. Maintains the processing and packaging schedules on a daily basis through the Protean and Prism systems. Alters schedules as necessary to meet Marketing requirements or requests. Coordinates schedule changes with Manufacturing, Purchasing, Quality Services, Shipping & Receiving and Distribution.
3. Plans production at toll manufacturers to meet forecasted demand. Coordinates component purchases and deliveries with the vendor’s schedule. Requisitions purchases for the items offered through the Equipment storage area of the Distribution Center.
4. Works with forecasts and purchase orders from private label purchasers to plan production for future requirements. Adjusts production and packaging schedules to meet specific needs of private label purchasers.
5. Responsible for ensuring a Back Order and Obsolete Item Report for St. Louis Operations is published daily. Includes the review of all unshipped customer orders from the St. Louis Distribution Center and the redirection of the orders to other warehouses when applicable. Monitors the packaging and release process for back ordered items to minimize the duration and dollar effect of the backorder.
Duties - cont'd
6. Performs all necessary changes and updates to the FUTURCAST database as required by the addition and deletion of product offerings. Completes the monthly forecasting cycle in the Futurcast database and S&OP program. Works with Marketing Product Managers to ensure marketing intelligence is captured and incorporated into the forecast. Runs forecast accuracy reports each month, compiles and publishes a St. Louis Operations Forecast Performance Report separated by division and provides customized reports to individual Product Managers by request. Works with Finance to incorporate the annual budget in the Futurcast database.
7. Prepares the agenda for a monthly Sales & Operations Planning Meeting for the St. Louis site. Presents the monthly performance as contained in the S&OP software program. Encourages participation of Marketing Product Managers by requesting market information and a review of forecasting accuracy reports.
8. Interacts with STERIS associates worldwide by providing product availability information to Customer Service, Marketing, Sales, and Distribution. Responds to individual requests from within the company to meet specific customer requirements.
9. Provides Purchasing with requested forecasting information for raw materials and packaging components. Develops a three month rolling forecast for generic bottle requirements to allow the vendor to adjust capacity as needed.
10. Monitors finished good and component inventory levels in order to meet company objectives for dollar investment and inventory turns. Manages the delivery timing of components and raw materials to minimize inventory levels. Analyzes the master production schedule to effectively minimize inventory while still providing a high level of customer service.
11. Supports all established Lean objectives and participates in Lean activities as necessary to support the business goals.
Office environment. Occasionally called upon to meet in plant operations area.
Valid through: 10/22/2020