Tallwave is need of anexperienced Senior UX Designer who is a confident, creative, and proven collaborator who believes flexibility, adaptability, and creativity are key to success. . The ideal Tallwave Senior UX Designer is flexible, adaptable, and creative, and can articulate the value of a feature or interaction to engineers, designers, and clients with equal effectiveness. So if you believe you can back up your words with actions and create something amazing, keep reading…
The Fun Stuff
- The Tallwave Senior UX Designer will get to:
- Work closely with Design team leads and clients, translating business and user requirements into meaningful interactive and brand experiences.
- Move between developing strategy and carrying out the tactical execution.
- Lead design projects across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product releases.
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
- Participate in design critiques, presenting your work with variations and rationale, as well as feedback for others.
- Participate & conceptualize at a high level about product strategy and vision — not just visual ideas but what should we build and why.
- You will help manage client relationships within the context of the product design process, such as leading workshops and design reviews.
- Design simple and elegant design approaches for complex problems.
- Define design strategies and solutions for products and brands.
- Dive into the details — always with the bigger picture in mind.
- Mentor other members of the team, leading by example in craftsmanship, accountability, and behavior for the other members of the design team and Tallwave as a whole.
- Ability to implement and leverage a variety of user experience analytics metrics in order to analyze and improve the overall user’s experience.
- The successful Tallwave Senior UX Designer candidate will:
- Be able to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
- Keep an active dialogue with the team about new design trends and industry tools.
- Lead projects end to end, guiding the team on day-to-day and overall strategy.
- Produce great work with little oversight.
- Demonstrate great people and communication skills.
- Have relentlessly high standards for design excellence within a fast-paced environment.
- Be accountable to your customers and your teammates.
- Use a design-thinking approach to affect decisions on a higher level, solve business problems, and create business opportunities.
- Develop and enforce user experience design, interface design, and branding best practices.
- Create and improve workflows and processes.
- The ideal Tallwave Senior UX Designer candidate will have:
- There is not a cutoff number on the years of experience, but an average candidate will have at least 8 years of experience in the industry.
- Expert level with tools (Sketch, Photoshop, Omnigraffle, HTML, et al.)
- Familiarity working with dev teams.
- Solid foundation in the principles of UI and UXA degree from a university is cool, but not mandatory.
- All Tallwavers enjoy:
- Trust. We trust our employees and believe you will do great work.
- An environment that fosters empathy and compassion for each other and our clients.
- A diverse (and competitive, and hilarious, and sometimes a little crazy) group of coworkers. You know, the kind you actually want to grab a drink with after work.
- Career growth and opportunity. We grow leaders here.
- Recognition. We encourage each other — and it’s not just blowing smoke around here. When someone does a great job, we shout it from the rooftops.
- A generous PTO policy. Seriously, did you read about it yet? It’s kind of amazing.
- Medical, dental, life, and 401(k).
- Working at a company featured in TechCrunch, Forbes, Wired, Product Hunt, and more.
- Control over your own destiny.
- Food. Learn something new while munching on something delicious at our twice-monthly Lunch & Discusses.