NXP Semiconductors enables secure connections and infrastructure for a smarter world, advancing solutions that make lives easier, better and safer. As the world leader in secure connectivity solutions for embedded applications, we are driving innovation in the secure connected vehicle, end-to-end security & privacy and smart connected solutions markets.
Business Unit Description
NXP’s Security & Connectivity business unit offers best-in-class security, contactless performance and the most complete solutions to produce unmatched mobile and Internet of Things (IoT) solutions.
Overview: This Test Engineer will work on NXP’s cutting edge i.MX product line, a family of ARM-based single-core and multi-core multi-media-application SOC processors for the consumer, industrial, and automotive markets. This person will be working as part of a cross-functional and global team of engineers to bring products to market rapidly, and drive down costs on high volume production ramps, while maintaining NXP’s high quality standards.
- Develop with the design team complete test solutions and methodologies for advanced IP and System On a Chip architectures.
- Define test plans, working with design teams, for new products.
- Develop test programs on the Advantest 93000 PS1600 ATE with an emphasis on quality of test coverage and cost effectiveness.
- Debug and Characterize new chips with Design and Product engineering teams.
- Innovate new test methodologies and technologies as part of a continuous process improvement to reduce development time and manufacturing costs through familiarity with the product, its architecture, and its design methodology.
- Provide and support cost reduction and yield enhancement test solutions as the part ramps into production.
- Bachelor's degree in electricalengineering plus a minimum five years of related experience
- Test engineeringexperience on ATE, Advantest 93000 (preferred) or Teradyne.
- Candidate must be skilled enough to take on the test development on a project from concept through production
- Predicting key test challenges with design
- Defining test requirements to the design team
- Writing test plans for a specific circuit, based on expertise of ATE capabilities.
- Converting patterns delivered by design into ATE formats
- Develop test programs
- Knowledge of operation of integrated circuits in CMOS technology
- Understand how CMOS circuits are designed and simulated in VHDL/Verilog
- Understand DFT techniques with experience debugging scan patterns or memory BIST patterns
- Experienced in software development (C/C++ or Java, Perl, Assembler)
- Strong team player
- Strong problem-solving skills in a team environment
- Good communication skills to effectively describe and understand complex topics