ERM is seeking motivated and dynamic Senior Product Sustainability and Strategic Advisor who is interested in participating on a variety of projects covering the full spectrum of ERM’s services. The person will join our Sustainability Strategy and Disclosures team with focus on product sustainability and strategic advisory in Houston, Austin or Dallas.
ERM’s Global Sustainability service team provides technical expertise, strategy, hands-on implementation support and innovative solutions to clients across a wide range of sectors. We work with a variety of stakeholders at our client’s organizations ranging from senior management and influencers through to Innovation, Sustainability and Marketing teams to help our clients assess and implement sustainability initiatives.
The Senior Product Sustainability and Strategic Advisor will have the opportunity to work on a range of exciting projects using Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) and product foot printing techniques to assess the environmental and social impacts of our client’s products, services and supply chains.
This is an excellent career opportunity to work with an expert global consulting company on challenging sustainability projects for large global clients. The ideal candidate will have advanced analytical and communication skills to join this thriving global community to foster and expand a network of excellent client relationships in the manufacturing, chemical and pharmaceutical sectors amongst others. This person will benefit from having access to ERM's worldwide network of sustainability experts which provides the knowledge sharing of best practices across sectors and ongoing learning opportunities for everyone.
- Support ERM’s life cycle management and sustainability assessment services
- Undertake technical research, analysis and reporting
- Support client engagements, presentations and meetings, as required
- Assist with follow-up of business opportunities in liaison with ERM Partners and colleagues
- Work in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment to build ERM’s global business
- Builds strong and trusted relationships with clients and/or business partners
- Demonstrates expertise relating to our core service areas of sustainability strategy and disclosure
- Thinks strategically in order to influence decision-makers and outcomes
- Distills complexity from detail to effectively coach colleagues to deliver high-quality outputs
- Demonstrates strong project management skills and oversight through the project lifecycle, including scoping, budget and delivery
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills, excellent writing and presentation skills, and a mastery of PowerPoint communication
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Engineering or a related discipline required, Master’s degree would be an asset
- 7-10+ years of relevant work experience in international consultancy or private sector
- Enthusiasm, initiative, flexibility and a desire to work in a dynamic and a growing team
- Advanced analytical skills to support the analysis and interpretation of sustainability impacts on businesses and value chains
- Advanced business/ technical writing, client communication and external presentation skills
- Excellent data management and skills, including advanced proficiency with MS Excel
- Knowledge of life cycle assessment software such as SimaPro and GaBi
- Knowledge of best practice LCA and foot-printing methods and standards
- Knowledge of SDGs and trends driving corporate sustainability agendas
- Attention to detail and commitment to deliver high-quality work products
- Demonstrated project leadership skills
- Structured and effective communicator that can shape and deliver messages to executive level and facilitate effective client engagements
- Ability to learn skills and develop knowledge in new subject areas related to product and supply chain sustainability issues
- Experience in the Manufacturing, mining and/or oil and gas sector is considered an asset
- English will be the main language of communication.
- The position would be based in our Houston, Austin or Dallas office, with occasional travel