Job Description: Senior Product Security Architect
Are you excited about security technologies and knowledgeable about Linux Capabilities and networking, particularly netfilter, conntrack and associated subsystems like NAT? Then NETGEAR wants to talk to you about joining as a Senior Product Security Architect reporting into the VP, Head of Product Security under our CTO, Software.
NETGEAR builds the best WiFi systems in the world, and we hold the highest standards of security and privacy in the industry. We’re innovating software services that improve our offerings, which includes taking a fresh look at product security. We need a leader with strong security technology skills who can partner with various technology gurus to implement a new strategy for security that covers new software services and hardware products to strengthen our security posture.
When you work at NETGEAR, you’ll be part of a dynamic team committed to helping the world do more. We turn ideas into innovative networking products that connect people, power businesses and advance the way we live. We offer competitive benefits as our success is fueled by pioneering spirits who’ve made us a top tier, and growing, global technology company. Join us to help shape the future of connectivity!
This new role will develop product security features across NETGEAR products, from consumers to SMB. We would love for you to join our team if you have the right mix of technical capabilities. Apply now at: https://www.netgear.com/about/careers/
- Discover and drive better practices to influence product security throughout NETGEAR
- Identify opportunities to simplify security as a seamless experience across a diverse range of products and services
- Collaborate with other technologists with the goal of improving security on high-volume consumer-level hardware products, as well as securing device manufacturing
- Contribute alongside senior-level security architects and developers responsible for defining, prototyping and coding security features and services, often on prototyped hardware
- Execute application security tactics needed to discover, verify and understand vulnerabilities that better practices, processes and implementations could mitigate – tactics include threat modeling, static and dynamic analysis, as well as fuzzing and pen testing
- Mentor a mix of security architects, application security engineers and software developers who contribute as managers and individual contributors to NETGEAR products
- Ensure NEGEAR’s product security strategy is aligned with the objectives of our partners and services
- Design and build security features, services, automation and orchestration for embedded linux devices, preferably ARM-based, to ensure secure products, applications and infrastructure
- Consult on security architectures related to a mixture of desktop, web, mobile and cloud software, and ideally, firmware and hardware devices too
- Secure communications with remote endpoints, e.g. cloud infrastructure and/or smartphone apps
- Drive and influence a compelling product security strategy for NETGEAR’s portfolio
- Assess the risk of product security vulnerabilities disclosed by external parties (e.g. CVE)
- Assist all product groups to ensure relevant compliance
- B.S. / M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or relevant experience
- At least 6 years of R&D software development and architecture experience, preferably in Product Security, ideally at both software and hardware companies
- Deep understanding of Linux security, for example:
- Understand PKI mechanisms and protecting such assets on an embedded device
- Experienced with tools used for binary analysis and/or decompilation plus other methods used to reverse engineering products
- Familiarity with Linux namespaces, CGroups and their use for containerization (e.g. LXC)
- Creative and independent problem solver who can take an idea and prototype it
- Effective communicator able to engage in technical discussions from a customer’s perspective
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, especially in the fields of application and cloud security, in order to clarify ideas and collaborate on opportunities with industry experts
NETGEAR is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We want to have the best available people in every job. Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.