This position supports customers on a 24/7 basis and operates on a variable shift and rotation schedule. Working periodic off-nominal shifts on a rotational basis is expected as part of this job. The incumbent will travel to integrate with customer, suppliers, and other organizations.
- Applies knowledge of Boeing and engineering design principles in order to develop solutions to product/ process issues for production or simple technical in-service issues.
- Represents the engineering community in the build through post production environment. Develops customer correspondence for continued safe operation and maintenance of equipment on specific components/limited systems. Provides technical briefings on assigned subject matter at internal company conferences, customer meetings and to Boeing leadership.
- Provides technical leadership for a group of Product Review Engineers, coaches, mentors, and assist management to develop technical competencies of the team. Acts as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for responsible area of structures.
- Analyzes, conducts root cause analysis and develops dispositions for design non-conformances. Assists system owner in preparation of technical communications.
- Leads and participates in on-site disabled product repair teams. Designs interim and final structural repairs and conducts static strength analysis to restore damaged structure to original design strength capability.
- Leads teams to conduct research on complex technical, operational and quality issues that cannot be resolved by customer. Collects, researches, and evaluates fleet data on customer findings for product/process improvement opportunities that may include recurrent or emergent product support issues.
- Manages other resources to optimize solutions and provide customer perspective. Travels to customer sites to resolve issues as required. Represents organization on business unit level working groups to develop and improve processes and products.
- Participates and supports Integrated Product Team (IPT) activities to identify deviations that could impact design intent and safety.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Experience in Structures Engineering
Typical Education / Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard