Senior Product Quality Engineer
- Job Summary (General Responsibilities):
The Senior Product Quality Engineer will be responsible for driving the execution of quality goals and objectives with a strong emphasis on New Product Introduction (NPI). The ability to leverage prior experience and expertise during the early stages of product design to contribute in terms of Design for Reliability, Durability, Manufacturability/Assembly and Testability is essential. Also key is the ability to implement necessary processes and steps during New Product Introduction phase and early product launch in support of continual improvement and achievement of internal and external customer quality goals.
This position requires the ability to proactively drive actions internally and throughout the supply base, including manufacturing partners and tier one suppliers to meet internal and external customer expectations for quality. Successful execution of this role requires close collaboration with internal organizations including product management, engineering and program management to identify causes of potential product failures during the NPI phases and drive corrective and preventative actions internally and/or with supplier factories as needed. Also required is the ability to define and facilitate implementation of product quality plans and utilize various quality tools to identify and address potential failure modes in anticipation of successful product launches.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Serve as a key member in the New Product Development team to anticipate and proactively manage product quality, durability and reliability issues and improvement opportunities.
- Develop plans for preventing and addressing quality, durability and reliability issues and drive key lessons learned into the NPI process.
- Works closely with New Product Development teams to define and execute quality goals, including identification, definition, implementation and tracking of Critical-to-Quality (CTQ) attributes and acceptance criteria.
- Utilize quality analytics tools to validate resolution of any issues to ensure quality goals are met and sustainable.
- Lead cross functional teams in early field failure analysis through closed loop corrective action and implementation of appropriate permanent solutions.
- Estimate impact of failures on return and field failure rates to drive informed and appropriate technical and business decisions.
- Spearhead and actively contribute to the FMEA (Failure Mode and Effect Analysis) process on new designs.
- Develop and review product quality plans for new products.
- Drive identification and implementation of effective solutions to business / quality problems across the organization, including supplier, NPI and initial launch product quality.
- Participate in supplier/ODM quality management assessment and qualification of new partners relative to their impact on new product introduction.
- Ensure adherence to company quality practices. Contribute to the development of key quality procedures leveraging industry best practices.
- Articulate and effectively communicate quality-related issues in terms of risk and potential impact to our brand, financials, schedules and other business objectives.
- Fulfill responsibilities under ISO 9001 and 14001; understand and fully support IS0 system.
- Comply with Health and Safety requirements of Belkin.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Understand and follow company rules and regulations.
- Perform all other duties as assigned and required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- BS in Engineering required; BS in Mechanical Engineering with strong materials background preferred.
- Experience in qualifying, characterizing glass, adhesives preferred.
- At least 10 years of previous Quality Engineering experiencerequired; consumer electronics experience highly desirable.
- Experience defining and implementing reliability testing strategies and related test plans is required.
- Experience in product design for quality and reliability, including electrical and mechanical components.
- Experience working closely with Asia-based suppliers is required.
- Familiar in implementing ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems. ISO Lead Assessor experiencepreferred.
- Certification as a Quality or Reliability Engineer or Six Sigma Green/Black Belt is desirable.
- Detailed oriented with strong presentation, communication and organizational skills.
- Proactive, self-motivated personality with leadership skills required to drive ongoing quality improvements on a project as well as organizational level while working across a diverse group of departments and organizational levels.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.