At DISH Wireless, we reimagine connectivity through new platforms, new business models and new ways of thinking.
Today, we are building America’s first cloud-native 5G network to transform the way we live, work and play with unlimited potential. Our IT teams operate at the intersection of wireless, data analytics, AI and the cloud to create something state-of-the-art, radically original, and truly unlike what anyone else can.
Navigating an ambiguous future, our mission is clear. We adapt to, and drive, change for all.
High-level job responsibilities:
As a Senior Product Owner, you will lead a cross functional team to ensure the team delivers products that meet business requirements/needs and delivers business and operational value to customers.
Day-to-day job responsibilities:
- Ensure product backlog and vision are communicated to the development team
- Break down and prioritize delivery of products and features by developing and maintaining the product backlog, user stories, and cross-product dependencies
- Elicit, identify, document, and refine requirements from business problems to detailed user stories and acceptance criteria that may include technical requirements
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with stakeholders, developers, QA, and other team members to analyze information and functional requirements, advocate the development process through to implementation, and ensure the delivered product meets business needs
- Perform acceptance testing for user stories and features
- Manage stakeholder needs & requests while balancing product roadmap priorities
- Facilitate iteration planning sessions, daily team stand-ups, grooming sessions, and retros
- Track and report on team work completed, capacity, backlog, velocity, etc.
- Forecast product/feature delivery timelines
- Use metrics and feedback to improve team and organization processes, best practices, performance, and delivery
- Assist with deployments and production support issues
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant industry experience
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional resources and work well in a distributed environment
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience using Agile processes and methodologies
- Ability to plan for future work while maintaining the current delivery with rapidly changing priorities
- Must be able to effectively communicate across all departments in the organization from technical staff to executive stakeholders
- 8+ years of relevant industry experience
- Rally / CA Agile Central experience a plus
- Knowledge of online Charging System OR Digital Route / Mediation Zone OR Amdocs Optima is a plus