As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
We are looking for product owners to help us to re-invent ecommerce. Until now, customers have gone to a website destination to find, select and order their stuff. But the future doesn’t look like that. In that future, customers will expect to be able to shop whether they are in their kitchen using an embedded refrigerator device, talking to their car entertainment system, on a train using their mobile device or in a smart changing room in a boutique. What’s more, as the customer moves from device to device, the shopping experience should remain consistent and relevant.
The team at hybris Commerce as a Service is creating a new type of ecommerce where the shopping experience will be delivered to the customer on any channel or device or media – rather than building a website and asking the customer to visit it.
To help us build our new platform, we need to attract bright and creative product owners that are brave enough to reject ecommerce dogma and be prepared to invent new ways to engage with consumers. This will be a journey you will share with us and together we will succeed and fail in equal measures but we will not stop trying.
If you think have what it takes to join our agile teams and work in a fast paced and start-up style team spirit to contribute to our success, read on!
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- You will directly interact with internal and external customers
- Work in accordance with agile development models (Scrum, LEAN)
- Analyzes technology trends and customer requirements to identify growth opportunities for growing CaaS (Commerce-as-a-service) group. Proactively engages and provides input for product strategy discussions. Contributes to developing a product vision, a product roadmap, and a sprint backlog. Constantly evaluate competitive products on basis of publicly available information to ensure his/her product is on-par or competitive in the current market.
- Prioritizes and describes product backlog which reflects customer and user needs. Enriches backlog and ensures that the scrum team and other relevant stakeholders have a comprehensive understanding. Ensures rollout plan.
- Contributes to a holistic product vision and product design and ensures his/her sprint product teams have a comprehensive understanding of it. Develops stories and validates planned and implemented scope throughout product lifecycle and ensures delivery of high quality software. Develops customer journeys. Contributes to creation of product-related non-coded assets (such as rollout and knowledge transfer material). Creates and contributes to the delivery of a product to implement the product strategy. Collects & incorporates early feedback from Customers and other relevant stakeholders. Remains cognizant of usable product-ready software being available at the end of every sprint.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Must be able to work both independently and within the scrum methodology
- Strong knowledge of commerce products and commerce domain expertise
- Strong knowledge of mobile web and mobile native product development
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), good problem solving skills, ability to work with technical and non-technical staff
3-6 years product management experience for commercial products
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
Requisition ID: 139361