$80K — $100K *
Availity is a Healthcare IT company headquartered in Jacksonville, FL with an office in Indianapolis, IN and over 100 remote workers. Availity is the nation’s largest health information network, connecting 2 million providers nationwide and processing more than 12 billion transactions a year, and growing! We work collaboratively with health plans and providers to disrupt an antiquated healthcare system by solving core issues in the way stakeholders communicate. Fixing the broken provider data management process and creating real time communication of risk and quality information are just two of the ways Availity is streamlining this process. Availity also offers providers, hospitals, and health systems revenue cycle and patient financial management solutions. We help prepare our providers for the rise in consumerism and value-based care, so that they can get paid accurately, and timely, for their services.
Reporting to the Product Line Manager, the Senior Product Owner will support a new payer product; Smart Claims. This product will cut down on having to enter the same information over and over again for patients with repeatable claims. You will do this by working with the Product Line Manager and Business Owners to conceptualize the desired program, then lead the program design and execute market analysis.To be qualified for this position, you:
• Must have 3-7 years experience in a Saas Technology and/or Healthcare Environment designing business processes, process mapping and working on process improvement initiatives.
• Need to be an expert in the gathering and writing of detailed, technical requirements in an Agile environment.
• Must have an understanding of Product Design Documents, wireframes, user stories, use cases and hot to create and maintain them.
You will set yourself apart if:
• You have experience building a product from the ground up.
• You are comfortable with ambiguity and can be flexible to figure things out as you move through the process.
• You are passionate about building new teams and helping shape the culture of teams you build.
• You have claims knowledge; billing and submissions.
• You champion the automation of processes and have experience doing so.
• You are familiar with ANSI 837 transactions and are familiar with development and database design.
What you will be doing:
• Working with the development team to create a NEW PRODUCT!
• Leading voice of the customer discussions with clients; evaluating, analyzing and prioritizing product enhancement opportunities based on user and customer feedback sessions.
• Working across a matrix organization to identify and remediate dependency or risk.
• Demo working prototypes with customers and stakeholders and supporting customers as they start to pilot the product.
• Serving as a mentor to other Product Owners at Availity.
• Creating and owning long term plans and aligning plans with product roadmaps and business requirements.
• Identifying synergies and dependencies between roadmaps.
• Managing process improvement initiatives.
• Participating in setting standards for processes within the Product Owners role.
• Working with cost models, pricing structures and delivering on ROI.
Why work at Availity:
• Availity has recently been named a certified “Great Place to Work”! Culture is important to us and there are many ways for you to make your mark here!
• We have several Diversity & Inclusion teams, a Young Professionals Group, a She Can Code IT group for women in tech, and various social groups.
• Availity is a culture of continuous learning. We have many resources and experts in our tech stack and in our industry that can help get you there too!
• Don’t feel like wearing business attire? Cool, you can wear jeans – we are a casual work place.
• We offer a competitive salary, bonus structure, generous HSA company contribution, and a 401k match program that is vested on day one!
• We offer unlimited PTO for salaried associates + 9 paid holidays + 1 floating holiday. Hourly associates start at 19 days of PTO and go up from there with all the same holiday benefits.
• Interested in health? We will reward you for your wellness, up to $300/year in reimbursements.
• Interested in furthering your education? We offer education reimbursement!
• Availity offers Paid Parental Leave for both moms and dads, both birth parents and adoptive parents.
• Want to work for an organization that gives back to the community? You’re at the right place! Availity partners with various organizations, both locally and nationally, to raise awareness, funds and morale as our staff members volunteer their time and funds to engage the organizations campaign.
At the headquarters:
• You like food trucks? We have them almost daily at our office (when we’re back to normal)
• Like food trucks a little too much? We also have an onsite gym with showers.
• We appreciate work/life balance! Need to get a quick break in between meetings? We have Ping Pong, Foosball, Arcade games, and XBox to help you decompress – and we have a massage therapist onsite once a week for a little relaxation too.
• We’ve got you covered with free coffee, lemonade and tea anytime you want.
Why you want to work on this team:
• This is a new product, bridging the gap between the provider and payer.
• You will help build and shape the culture of the team.
Next steps in process:
After you apply, you will receive text/email messaging alerting you to where you are in the recruitment process.
• Recruiter resume review
• Manager resume review
• Convey one-way video interview
• Manager Zoom interview
• Panel Zoom interview
Valid through: 4/30/2021