Reporting to the Director, Product Management, the Senior Product Operations Manager role is designed to create a best-in-class product department operating model by streamlining and standardizing processes, automating key tasks, improving efficiencies, reducing complexity, and fostering stronger and easier collaborations. With an entrepreneurial mind-set, the individual will be tasked with addressing the needs of the department to support the product team in delivering on strategic initiatives, as well as on the optimization of current products, to ensure SSENSE delivers a world-class shopping experience. Focusing on people, tools, data, and processes, the Senior Product Operations Manager will work closely with Product Managers, as well as Engineers, UX Designers and Business Stakeholders.
Process Enhancements and Streamlining Activities
- Review the Product Department’s current processes & artifacts to streamline and standardize ways of working
- Research industry best practices on ways of working across product organisations.
- Lead the identification and definition of improved ways of working within the Product team and with Tech & the Company as a whole.
- Ensure cohesion across programs, initiatives and product life cycles, guiding product managers’ efforts.
- Manage the scoping, planning, implementation and adoption of new operating models, processes, tools and ways of working, organizational structures, roles and responsibilities, and competencies.
- Establish governance across new operating models and processes to enhance the product practice and drive effective execution of product strategies.
- Facilitate and standardize access to relevant information and analysis for the Product team.
- Build business cases to request new budget asks (eg. for new tools).
- Lead and drive change readiness, to ensure effective adoption at the department-level by implementing a change management approach for new processes, tools and ways of working.
Cultivating a strong product culture
- Put in place a product management best practices that will foster collaboration, experimentation, accountability & impact.
- Cultivate an environment of continuous learning, growth and high performing teams through new processes, tools, (eg. Community of Practices, SSENSE Universities courses).
- Pair Coaching.
- Develop and maintain cross-functional relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or a related field, Master's degree an asset
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant work experience, developing software / digital products and technologies (e.g. Retail, Mobile, POS technology)
- Experience working with Product Teams and Technology Organisations, in an Agile environment
- Experience in high impact projects at a global scale and implementation of warehouse management system
- Experience in cross-functional collaboration with Business, Operations, Finance and Technology teams
- Relevant fashion retail experience, an asset
- Creative thinker with excellent problem solving abilities
- Strong stakeholder management skills and ability to lead by influence across functional teams
- Strong business acumen, entrepreneurial drive and technical understanding
- Highly analytical and detail oriented
- Highly organized, structured and has the ability to simplify complexity
- Strong communication skills, ability to influence, drive change through alignment
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, performance-driven environment