As the Senior Product Operations Analyst for the Splunk Platform, you will report to the Sr. Director of Product Management. You will partner with the Splunk Platform Applications and Services PM teams to help us be a metrics-driven organization. Projects include creating a regular product roadmap cadence, identifying key metrics and creating dashboards, helping formulate strategic priorities and operational plans, conducting research to drive new opportunities for growth and expansion, uncovering customer and competitive insights, and influencing long and mid-term roadmap investments.
In this role, you will tackle highly sophisticated problems, gain insight into the strategic and operational issues which are forefront in the minds of the leadership team, have exposure to senior-level decision-making, and have the chance to create relationships with people across the entire company.
You should be professional with product management, product/business operations, or consulting background. You are an expert in all areas of product strategy, market analysis, metrics dashboards, and execution including project management, business analysis, balanced scorecards, problem-solving, and executive communication. Enterprise software product and SDLC process knowledge will be essential in this role.
You should also have strong technical experience and aptitude to pick up and investigate the technology and product. In addition, you demonstrate the ability to thrive in an unstructured, collaborative environment. A combination of strategy and product marketing or product management experience is ideal.
The position is based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- You will drive highly visible projects for Splunk; Work cross-functionally to structure problems, analyze opportunities, and develop solutions and implementable recommendations and get results through a detailed, data-backed process
- Be responsible for metrics based execution of the product org.
- You will drive the operational cadence for the group, measure and track critical initiatives, and prepare the content for Executive Staff, Quarterly Business Reviews, and Board Meetings
- You will provide insights to the business through analytics and market research as required (e.g. market, customer, competitive)
- You will develop strategic and business cases working with cross-functional teams outlining business opportunity, rationale, and execution plans to achieve the vision for the opportunity including product, GTM strategies, and business model
- You will uncover areas within the business to drive performance improvements to unlock productivity and accelerate execution
- You will work with a cross-functional team (product, development, marketing, sales, alliances, corp dev) to conduct build vs buy vs partner analyses to execute on growth opportunities
- 3+ years’ experience with a mix of strategy, product/business operations, and product management roles with strong exposure to technology
- Experience driving large and sophisticated initiatives from framing the problem, conducting research/analysis to building the business and operational plans through to driving execution to success is required
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal -- to work with senior executives across various geographies and functions; proficient with business and technical discussions
- Analytical and financial skills to work on sophisticated business issues with minimum supervision
- Self-starter who enjoys working in a dynamic, collaborative, and innovative high-growth environment
- Experience in working directly with log analytics, big data, data lake, monitoring, and business analytics companies and in delivering a new product into the market is a plus
- Master of Business Administration degree or equivalent practical experience