Plantronics is a global leader in business and consumer audio communications. For more than 50 years, we’ve been driven by a single obsession to support our customers’ most important needs: experiencing and facilitating simple and clear communications while enjoying distraction-free environments.
We are a global team with zeal for fulfilling our vision through innovation and rigorous execution. Our company is made up of smart, highly-capable, inquisitive people who bring their best selves to work each day and treat others as we wish to be treated. Plantronics people embrace discovery and invention, take risks, and incorporate the things we learn into the things we do. In creating Unified Communications and customer service solutions, software analytics, and Bluetooth headsets, Plantronics delivers high-quality communications solutions that our customers count on today, while relentlessly innovating on behalf of their future.
Mission: We discover and invent the tools and technologies that provide a focused and distraction-free environment for you to perform at your best.
The Portfolio Business Manager (PBM) is a senior product manager responsible for the world-wide product lifecycle management after development commit; this includes defining high level business plans based on existing products. Additionally, the PBM will manage the product P&L’s, execution of product positioning and transitions and in market pricing strategy based on the company’s profitability target(s). Required interaction as key interface to operations, finance, engineering, customer response engineering (CRE), sales, marketing and support to ensure revenue, profitability and customer satisfaction goals for New Product Development, tactical and shipping products are met. It will important for this person have a technical aptitude that allows them to deal with engineering on complex technologies and how these technologies would impact our feature set and product directions.
This role is for product solutions in Plantronics enterprise portfolio. The enterprise portfolio has solutions for contact centers as well has the general enterprise with solutions for unified communications as well as traditional hard phones.
- Manage Global Product P&L’s to ensure growing revenues that meet profit goals.
- Existing product portfolio WW/Americas/APME/E&A revenue and margin review
- Identifying opportunities, issues and action plans to deliver increasing revenue & profit
- Primary product manager at stage 1(development commit) for enterprise products
- Ownership of product transitions ensuring they are coordinated with product EOL plans.
- Manage allrequiredelements of development for accepted tactical projects
- Review and manage tactical product enhancements and sustaining opportunities on existing products
- Use tactical process to maintain competitiveness of in market products
- WWProduct roadmapcountry input collection, review and prioritized market need output into Global process
- Including identification of key market trends/needs to be shared with Product Experience Managers(PEMs). (for example; thin client market trends)
- Develop Corporate product roadmap and priorities, and input regional priorities
- Manage assigned tactical projects through product life cycle
- Act as primary interface to (CRE) team setting engineering priorities for field support requests (FSRs).
- Establish Maintain pricing framework to ensure that company maximizes long-term profitability
- Present 12 month roadmaps and supporting data for review with key customers/partners
- Support marketing launch activities
- Work with marketing andchannel/field teams on definition and execution of field programs
- Represent Product Management and engage with Operations on demand activities
- B2B product-centric commercial issue management (for example; Customer has a product issue, and we need to commercially figure how to replace/upgrade/manage)
- Maintain margin and revenue goals set by product family
- Provide feedback to Product Experience Managers(PEMs) from key customers/partners relating to current portfolio and user needs. Route information back to PEMs for segment analysis.
- Monitor end user feedback on existing products through field interviews with customers and sales personnel
- Participate in key account sales calls, providing strategic and tactical support
- Support Marketing at tradeshows and seminars
- Serve as primary product expert and evangelist for shipping products across all company departments and major events like the world-wide sales meeting.
- Travel is at approximately 25% of time.
- Maintenance of agreed product line strategy and successful introduction of new products
- Lead introduction teams after stage 1 to achieve revenue, cost, profit, share and adoption goals
- Key interface to sales and operations
- Keyinternal business leader
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or related industry
- Minimum of 5 years of project managementexperience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or on the basis of disability. To all recruitment agencies: Plantronics does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Plantronics employees or any other company location. Plantronics is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.