We are looking to welcome the next high-talented contributor to our Chemistry Marketing & Product Management team. With this highly visible position you will have the opportunity for spirited collaboration and growth within a company at the forefront of delivering new and innovative chemistry consumable products to the broad range of scientific laboratory customers we serve.
- Sets direction and strategy for a defined product line of chemistry consumable products with respect to pricing, positioning, promotion, quality, training, and product lifecycle activities.
- Helps develop core, sustaining product marketing plans, messaging, sales tools, and technical product training for current products.
- Uses their keen understanding of laboratory customers, workflows, market insights and voice of customer to identify new applications, market segments and market trends that provide for new product development and growth opportunities.
- Own the product portfolio roadmap while actively engaging with customers, KOLs, and scientists to bring in customer and market insights to define new product ideas.
- Works collaboratively and cross functionally with the field and vertical market teams to execute marketing programs and to identify emerging business opportunities.
- Creates and presents quality. educational/presentation material for sales training, customer seminars and industry webcasts/webinars.
- Actively tracks and analyzes product line revenue performance, supply issues, quality issues, and competitive threats relevant to the supporting chemistry product lines.
- Leads product life cycle management efforts including pricing, product extensions, quality, profitability and end of life decisions.
- Develops business cases, project justifications, market research insights and user needs to support new product ideas and proposals.
- Understand/articulate/incorporate customer requirements into comprehensive and justifiable product requirement documents.
- Maintains knowledge about the competitive offerings and maintaining competitive programs to ensure appropriate and real-time positioning versus competition.
- Serves as Product Manager in new product launch and commercialization activities.
- In partnership with Business Development, define strategic alliance opportunities to assess partnerships and licensing options.
- BS degree in Life Sciences (Biology or Chemistry) or related discipline (MBA or PhD preferred)
- 5+ years of sales, marketing or product development/management experience working in a highly technical scientific organization interacting with scientific and technical personnel, including field sales, marketing, R&D, Engineers, Project Managers, and Manufacturing.
- Significant experience in the instrumentation, medical device, diagnostics, pharma or life science research. Hands on HPLC and sample preparation experience is a plus.
- Proven ability to manage and complete multiple projects with tight timelines
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with and successfully influence senior level management, executives, key clients, and stakeholders at all levels.
- Possesses a completer finisher mentality, creative and intellectually curious with a strong work ethic.
- Experience in Clinical, Biomedical Research, and/or Capillary Chromatography desired.
Req. # 9816