Valassis is seeking a highly motivated Product Marketing Manager/Senior Manager to own product positioning and go-to-market plans for Valassis high-growth digital advertising products. This individual will be responsible for driving marketing strategy, sales training, and execution of marketing plans to increase client engagement, sales support, and revenue.
Are you someone who is able to clearly articulate the value of products and solutions in an easily understood, compelling language that differentiates in the market? The role will involve a high degree of accountability, including development and coordination of innovative marketing solutions often in collaboration with multiple departments. If you have these experiences coupled with intelligence, industriousness, a team-oriented mentality, and a natural ability to fit into our dynamic culture then you’re an ideal candidate!
- Develop product positioning that differentiates our solutions in the market and tailor messaging based on personas or verticals.
- Use expert storytelling to communicate the value and benefits of our solutions in addressing client needs or problems.
- Develop sales content and tools that support the selling process including: PowerPoint decks, marketing/events collateral, web copy, sales talking points, battlecards, objection handling, and more.
- Collaborate with our sales enablement and training teams to develop and build training material.
- Craft the launch and go-to-market plans for product releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan across sales, marketing, product management, and operations.
- Understand the advertising, technology, and media landscape in order to assess competitive offerings and provide a POV that will be shared across the product & sales organizations to inform strategy and sales efforts.
- Collaborate and communicate directly with executive leadership and sales teams to ensure our messaging and positioning evolves to resonate with clients based on in-market learnings.
- Represent the company and market at client meetings with our sales team.
- Coordinate with internal teams and external vendors on the production of materials including: videos, graphic design, events, website content, social posts, and thought leadership.
- Manage multiple, simultaneous projects and activities all at once.
- Tackle strategic and tactical ad hoc marketing projects that arise from sales, product, and the executive team for both internal and external communications.
- Knowledge and expertise in digital advertising, including connected TV, display, mobile, search, and/or social.
- Demonstrated ownership of go-to-market product plans, marketing strategy, sales training, and best practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to easily discern features and benefits.
- Ability to write in a convincing, client-focused language while ensuring it is succinct and of a high standard.
- Expertise at building and telling a compelling story. This includes guiding visual illustration of messages and concepts to clearly communicate solutions as well as deliver presentations to internal and external teams.
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills. This includes showing a successful track record of collaboration across the organization (product management, marketing, design, sales training, etc.) in development and implementation of projects and programs.
- Strong results-orientation combined with excellent judgment, problem-solving skills, and desire for continuous improvement.
- Has experience working in short, fast-paced development cycles to deliver results quickly.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher; MBA preferred.
- 5-8 years of product marketing experience in digital advertising, mar-tech or media space, preferably working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Serious self-starter who enjoys producing and seeing their work come to life.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Be prepared to provide previous work samples.