This is an opportunity to be part of a world-class team at the nexus of two of the most exciting developments in energy today – big, real-time data and energy storage.
Stem creates innovative technology services that transform the way energy is distributed and consumed. Stem’s mission is to build and operate the largest digitally-connected energy storage network for our customers. Our world-class analytics will optimize the value of customer’s energy assets and facilitate their participation in energy markets, yielding economic and societal benefits while decarbonizing the grid. We create automated, price-responsive systems that enable C&I customers to predict and control electricity costs and capture savings in a rapidly-evolving utility landscape. The Stem system combines predictive analytics and advanced energy storage with a high-fidelity software user interface. By buffering spikes in energy usage, Stem also reduces the impact of the C&I customer on the utility grid and enables better grid citizenship. Through innovation in technology and financing, our goal is to optimize the relationships between energy providers and consumers.
As a Senior Product Marketing Manager at Stem, you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead the product's journey from development to market. This means you work with a cross-functional team across sales, product management, engineering, corporate communications, legal, design, and more. In this role, you'll be involved with product marketing strategy and execution from beginning to end.
In this role, you will be passionate about helping our customers optimize their energy use and costs while achieving their sustainability goals with Stem storage solutions. You’ll also help our ecosystem partners build new business models by leveraging the Stem platform, including our AI for energy storage, Athena.
As a marketing leader, you will be responsible for identifying consumer insights to shape the product, prioritizing features, and crafting the narrative that will explain to users the benefit of Stem storage for their business. You’ll join sales meetings as the product expert, helping customers understand how Stem can help solve their particular problems.
You will be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end, determining offering features, messaging, positioning, naming, competitive analysis, go-to-market plan, and sales enablement. You are a doer as well as a thinker, who goes beyond what is expected and conventional and works to promote ideas beyond the norm.
Marketing at Stem requires knowing our customers, understanding how our unique technology operates to deliver differentiated value, and communicating complex subjects with simplicity.
- Sales enablement: The ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits, and transfer that knowledge to the sales team and our customers, is crucial. You’ll lead creation of content that communicates our product value propositions and deliver the sales tools that support the selling cycle, including training, messaging guides, and competitive positioning. You’ll regularly join sales meetings to help win deals and maintain connection with customer needs.
- Marketing content: Develop and deliver creative marketing content and tools that help customers evaluate and choose Stem, that build the pipeline, and that accelerate the sales cycle, such as presentations, websites, ROI calculators, data sheets, white papers, case studies, brochures, and videos.
- Offering development: Built out and launch new offerings by working cross-functionally to coordinate with Business Development, Sales Operations, Data Science, Program Operations, Product Management, Finance, and others.
- Financial modeling: Design financial models for projects and analyze complex scenarios to identify the optimal solution package, and then present your recommendations in compelling proposals to customers.
- Communications: Support outbound marketing and PR campaigns with buyer personas, offering messaging, and content ideas.
- Market intelligence: Be the buyer expert, help identify market opportunities, and analyze trends and threats. Use primary and secondary research as well as internal data and competitive intelligence to develop a deep understanding of the market and customer preferences.
- Product planning: Influence sales targets and product roadmaps based on customer insights, market developments, competitive environment, regulatory changes, technology trends, and corporate strategy.
- Difference maker: 5+ years of experience in a B2B product marketing role with track record of driving deeper engagement with target audiences, increasing adoption, and delivering bottom-line results.
- Deep audience knowledge: You are a quick study, committed to knowing your ecosystem, markets, industries, buyers and competition better than anyone—including who they are, their preferences, considerations, and behaviors.
- Ease with data: You know how to rapidly source the data you need and use it to tell an insightful story that drives change. You have a proven track record for surfacing better data and dashboards to drive towards more revenue and success.
- Messaging mastery: Demonstrated ability to create market-leading product messaging and content strategy that articulates the value created, defines a new category, and drives adoption. Plus, you have copywriting and storytelling skills to create influential product narrative and inspiring content ideas.
- You’re exceptional at making findings actionable for sales, product management, and marketing teams, as well as using the information to inform your go-to-market and growth strategies.
- 4 years experience in marketing.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience, MBA degree and experience in B2B technology marketing preferred.
- Experience in product marketing for B2B software-as-a-service (SaaS) and software platform solutions.
- Ability to work autonomously, focusing on key outcomes amidst competing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Ability to comfortably interface with all levels of management and to communicate cross-functionally in a structured and clear manner to influence outcomes.
- Experience with energy products and markets, building technologies, real estate solutions, machine learning, and related fields.