DocuSign's vision is to be the leading SaaS platform for organizations to modernize their Systems of Agreement, from preparing agreements to executing and managing them. Accelerating DocuSign's existing growth among the Small Business customer segment presents an incredible opportunity to improve the lives of Small Business owners and employees while driving significant business growth for DocuSign. As the Small Business product marketing leader, you will partner with the product management, customer service and customer insights teams to act as the voice of the Small Business (SMB) customer. You will leverage customer and Market insights to shape the product vision, strategy and roadmap in close partnership with the product team. You will also own crafting the DocuSign value proposition, positioning and messaging for the Small Business customer segment as an input for the Go-to-market Team(s). You'll bring an analytical mindset and strong leadership skills to align cross-functional teams and drive impact.
This position reports to the Senior Director, Small Business Strategy & Marketing.
- Lead SMB market assessment, quantitative analysis, qualitative feedback, and represent the voice of the Small Business customer internally with product management, UX, engineering, sales (direct & web), and partner marketing
- Identify significant long-term opportunities based on distilling SMB customer research and market intelligence that informs product roadmap
- Understand the needs of the Small Business audience and Market to develop and execute go-to-market strategies with a focus on defining messaging, positioning, content, and sales enablement
- Develop a deep understanding of SMB market trends and competitive landscape; create marketing strategies to increase our market presence and penetration
- Drive product adoption and usage rates by supporting market facing programs and effective product launch support
- Evangelize our products and solutions with Small Business customers, partners, analysts, and media; and lead SMB advisory and user groups in collaboration with executives and product leaders
- Develop the System of Agreement platform messaging and positioning across each stage (Prepare, Sign, Act, Manage) tailored for a Small Business customer
- Define, track and analyze metrics associated with Small Business subscriber growth and success with the DocuSign platform
- Effectively collaborate and communicate with business partners in sales, demand generation, sales enablement, product marketing, business development, and product management to achieve vision and growth targets
- 8 years marketing experience, with 2+ years of product marketing focus
- Experience in SaaS consumer or small business marketing
- BA/BS required, MBA preferred.
- Product marketing, strategy consulting, or corporate development expertise including market sizing, market segmentation, offering design, messaging/positioning development, competitive positioning, pricing, packaging, product launches, and market research
- Customer centric with strong intellectual curiosity
- Demonstrated capability in generating customer-facing content including presentations, web copy, data sheets; guide others in content creation
- Strong leadership and strategy skills with ability to understand complex issues, develop/apply simplifying frameworks, and share a point of view to facilitate broader organizational understanding, decision-making and action
- Excellent collaboration and persuasive presentation and writing skills