About the Role
We are seeking a strong storyteller and program manager to join our team as a Senior Product Marketing Manager. In this role, you’ll work cross-functionally with the product, sales, marketing, design, enablement, and customer success organizations at SmartHop to create messaging that evangelizes how SmartHop’s technology aggregates and analyzes loads and markets thus creating efficiencies for carriers and brokers across the US. You’ll also manage foundational pieces of the Product Marketing organization that are core to our success—including insights gathering, defining go to market strategy, battle cards, message houses, product narrative and more.
The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker capable of guiding competitive positioning and strategy; while simultaneously being detail oriented, with a keen eye for detail across external and internal facing content contributing to SmartHop’s brand.
- Own and manage the ongoing Product Marketing engine at SmartHop: including message houses, updates to content, battle cards, and more
- Help create a compelling narrative and value propositions for SmartHop’s product suite to communicate our vision to diverse audiences externally and internally
- Gather all the existing insights across channels (customer support, UX research, market research) to identify gaps in terms of understanding of the problem.
- Lead focus groups to help the team define the highest order customer need.
- Partner with design and marketing to build content and collateral (blog, website, pitch decks, videos, etc) that reflect positioning and showcase the value and vision of our product
- Partner cross-functionality to build the product narrative and positioning
- Help quarterback product launches in partnership with cross-functional teams
- Align with the PM teams to drive strategy around product positioning for existing products and new launches
- Conduct product research and competitive research to power SmartHop’s messaging
- Build content around the Smarthop’s tech innovations and how this will impact the trucking industry
- Develop compelling customer case studies and testimonials
- 5+ years of work experience in a marketing / program management / project management function
- Excellent writing and storytelling skills
- Experience working with executive leadership and cross functional teams
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment, a high-energy go-getter
- Strong project management skills
- Department: Marketing
- Job Type: Full-time, Exempt
- Location: NYC preferred; options in Miami or Remote.
- Work Authorization: US required
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Referral Program
- Vision Insurance
- and other benefits