Working with a global cross functional team that includes product management, engineering, executive leaders, marketing, sales and business development, the SPMM will lead the marketing efforts for Datto’s cyber security solutions. As a leading business owner of this solution area they will build and execute the strategic marketing plan, while developing and creating core deliverables outlined in the plan. Strong attention to detail, an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into business benefit is crucial.
A Look Inside the Job:
Act as a recognized technical and business expert and owner of your product, execute the following activities:
- Understand information security products and features, and the potential fit in the market
- Conduct regular partner interviews for market research, to test ideas and to gain a better understanding of the market and the competition
- Develop market requirements to capture the needs and segmentation of channel partners and customer
- Create solution positioning and messaging for Datto security capabilities and products
- Build and execute a marketing plan for how to leverage Public Relations, Analyst Relations, content, demand gen, social media, and other marketing levers to establish and grow product demand and awareness
- Develop go-to-market content and collateral, including sales presentations, demos, and competitive write-ups
- Work with the international marketing team to create/modify product collateral for the international markets
- Gather and analyze product performance and operational metrics
- Develop and deliver sales ready messaging for the purpose of enabling sales execution
- Work with sales enablement to develop training curriculum that reflects the appropriate messaging for security products
- Use data and research to continually influence product and solution strategy and evolve go-to-market plans
- Understands how to effectively coordinate efforts on a global scale.
- Understands business concepts and is able to refine and then resolve ambiguous problems or issues.
- Able to effectively convey information to a wide variety of audiences, from executives to customers, suppliers, and partners.
- Uses understanding of organizational decisions to make informed choices relating to the product family.
- Able to analyze and interpret data and metrics and use information to make informed decisions.
- Demonstrates strong writing and presentation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or global equivalent in business or technology field required. An MBA is preferred.
- 7 years minimum experience in product or field marketing for security and SaaS software vendors. Experience working with the MSP channel a plus.
- Pragmatic Marketing Certification preferred.
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!