Progress MOVEit managed file transfer (MFT) is used by thousands of organizations around the world to provide complete visibility and control over file transfer activities. In today’s highly regulated business environment, it assures the reliability of core business processes and secure and compliant transfer of sensitive data between partners, customers, users and systems on-prem and in the Cloud.
You’ll be part of the Progress product team, reporting to the Director, Product Marketing. You will focus on the File Transfer product line in a strategic role that defines the WHO, the WHY and the HOW of your product(s) within the market, acting as the voice of the market and the customer. You will work closely with the product management, global field marketing and sales team in executing a winning GTM strategy selling to enterprise organizations and through a global network of resellers and distributors.
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
- GTM Strategy: Develop and drive annual managed file transfer GTM strategy working with cross-functional teams to monitor and achieve financial and market share objectives. This includes market segmentation, persona development, content development and management, channel program support, pricing promotions, and other standard GTM initiatives.
- Market Intelligence: Interpret and provide insight into market dynamics, competitive landscape, and buyer personas for effective marketing and selling strategies
- Market Requirements Analysis: Partner with product management to deliver competitive product requirements that influence and shape the product roadmap.
- Product Launch: Drive launch deliverables and manage key stakeholders to drive excitement and adoption of all new product releases
- Content Management: Develop content strategy and manage cross-functional team to ensure the timely and effective development of content that best supports the buyer’s journey, , nurtures technology adoption and increases brand loyalty of the existing base.
- Enablement: Be an MFT subject matter expert to reframe marketing messaging to a one-to-one sales conversation that supports positioning and objection handling through live presentations, online learning tools, playbooks, sales decks, tools to support the global sales teams and indirect channel.
- Support Global Demand Gen and Corporate Communications: Collaborate on winning marketing plan and support marketing campaign efforts (e.g., channel marketing, events, webinars, social, blogs, etc.). Be the primary contact and advocate for the product with analysts and press.
WHAT THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL NEED TO HAVE:
- Demonstrated history of creating competitive GTM strategies with proven results within the secure file transfer space or adjacent market/technology
- Ability to apply deep understanding of market and competitive landscape to determine best market fit through analysis and comprehensive research
- Experience acting as key subject matter expert with top tier analysts, press, customers, partners and internal sales teams
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills with high comfort level speaking on webinars, conferences, and industry events
- Demonstrated history of developing effective pitch decks, sales plays, and marketing messaging to support GTM activity
- Insatiable appetite to drive to business objectives
- Self-motivated, inquisitive about the market and emerging trends and an ability to carefully listen to and act on customer feedback and key market indicators
- Influence and manage within multi-product, matrix organization
- At least 10+ years in product marketing and/or product management within the MFT/FTP space with strong understanding of IT, CISO and Compliance Officer persona challenges within SME.
- Technical understanding of SSH/SSL, PowerShell, and compliance auditing and tracking requirements
- Understanding of direct and 2-tier distribution models a plus
- BS/BA in IT, communications, or tech-centric degrees ideal, MBA a plus