About the role...
You’re the person who’s always good at a little of everything. You’re ruthlessly analytical and data-driven, but you get bored if you don’t also get to be creative and generate blue-sky ideas. You’ve probably spent a fair amount of time trying to find a role that gives you the runway to flex all of those muscles. Well, allow us to introduce you to Product Marketing at Policygenius.
As the Senior Product Marketing Manager, you’ll be responsible for ensuring that our customers stay at the heart of everything we do. Your deep understanding of product positioning and consumer behavior will ensure we’re consistently exceeding expectations and differentiating our offering in the marketplace. Reporting into the Director of Product Marketing & CRM and working extremely cross-functionally, you’ll help drive action in every part of the business based on your insights and intuition.
- Be the voice of the consumer. You’ll build a deep knowledge of their needs, questions and concerns, and then translate those insights into action across the company
- Split time equally across Product and Marketing. In the morning, you might help a Product Manager with A/B test prioritization. In the afternoon, you might launch a new landing page with the Marketing team
- Conduct consumer research to stay close to our customers and to identify improvement opportunities across the entire company
- Craft strategic messaging that speaks to consumers emotionally and rationally based on changing contexts and lifecycle phases
- Define and refine how we position and message our products, enabling our Marketing, Product and Operations teams to communicate with consumers effectively
- Champion adoption of new products by leading go-to-market strategies and driving adoption
- Understand our broad competitive landscape to better differentiate our products in the marketplace
- 3-5 years of digital marketing experience, ideally at a startup, with strong examples of quantifiable business impact
- An understanding of consumer behavior and psychology, enabling you to bridge the gap between consumer needs and Policygenius products
- Analytical chops and a creative mind, with the skill to seamlessly switch between the two or blend them together as needed
- Outstanding communication skills, with the ability to develop messaging strategies drawn from consumer insights
- A proven track record of meeting deadlines and communicating with stakeholders across multiple teams
- Ambition, curiosity, and a desire to hit the ground running