Act as a recognized technical and business expert and owner of your products. Execute the following activities:
- Understand new and existing networking products and the potential fit in the market
- Conduct regular partner interviews for market research, to test ideas and to gain a better understanding of the market and the competition
- Develop market requirements to capture the needs and segmentation of channel partners and customer
- Create product positioning and messaging for Datto networking products
- Build and execute a marketing plan for how to leverage Public Relations, Analyst Relations, content, demand gen, social media, and other marketing levers to establish and grow product demand and awareness
- Develop go-to-market content and collateral, including sales presentations, demos, and competitive write-ups
- Work with the international marketing team to create/modify product collateral for the international markets
- Gather and analyze product performance and operational metrics
- Develop and deliver sales ready messaging for the purpose of enabling sales execution
- Work with sales enablement to develop training curriculum that reflects the appropriate messaging for Networking products
- Use data and research to continually influence product strategy and evolve go-to-market plans
- Bachelor’s degree or global equivalent in business or technology field required. An MBA is preferred.
- 7 years minimum experience in product or field marketing for Networking wifi, switch and software defined networking vendors. Experience working with the MSP channel a plus.
- Pragmatic Marketing Certification preferred
- Understands how to effectively coordinate efforts on a global scale.
- Understands business concepts and is able to refine and then resolve ambiguous problems or issues.
- Able to effectively convey information to a wide variety of audiences, from executives to customers, suppliers, and partners.
- Uses understanding of organizational decisions to make informed choices relating to the product family.
- Able to analyze and interpret data and metrics and use information to make informed decisions.
- Demonstrates strong writing and presentation skills.
- Develops skill to manage teams; uses basic skills to influence team members.
- Able to negotiate at a cross-functional level; is willing to give and receive feedback.
- Shows initiative and demonstrates leadership commensurate with the scope of responsibilities.