We are searching for a Senior Product Marketing Manager to help grow the DAP brand. In this integral role, you’ll connect strategy to DIY and Professional end-users to bring innovative products to market. This position will be located in Baltimore, MD. The responsibilities of this position include:
- Passionately conduct early-stage opportunity assessment, ideation and concept development for new product opportunities from ideation to market launch
- Manage product portfolio to develop and promote new products and optimize and grow existing product lines
- Drive new product development activities through Stage-Gate product management and market research
- Define and develop product positioning, messaging, feature specifications, unique selling proposition and pricing strategies
- Monitor and analyze the competitive landscape, business developments and market trends to identify strategic opportunities and ensure product offering is properly positioned
- Conduct presentations to internal teams and key strategic retail accounts
- Direct market research and market intelligence gathering to ensure understanding of various options and support for informed decisions. Analyze their findings
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Business preferred; MBA a plus
- At least 5 years product management experience
- Strong competitive spirit, desire to win
- Experience developing new consumer products for market including definition of concepts, positioning, features, benefits and pricing
- Ability to understand consumer needs and market research and translate these into successful new product offerings and product improvements
- Demonstrated success managing multiple product launch cycles, from idea generation to product delivery
- Significant record of consistent accomplishment and outstanding results
- Ability to lead complex projects, monitor progress against key milestones and deliver results on time and on budget
- Ability to develop consumer communications that resonate with target audiences
- General computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel, Word, Project, and PowerPoint
- Technical Understanding & Business Acumen: Knows the business and the mission-critical technical and functional skills to perform the job at a high level. Understands various types of business propositions and how the business operates. Learn new methods and technologies easily.
- Learning Agility: Learns quickly when facing new problems. Is a relentless and versatile learner and is open to change. Enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks and can quickly discern the underlying structure of anything.
- Strategic Agility: See ahead clearly and can anticipate future consequences and trends. Is future oriented and offers broad knowledge and perspective. Can scenario plan possibilities and outcomes.
- Leadership: Provides the essential critical thinking to determine the necessary approaches to get things done. Offers good judgement about which creative ideas and suggestions will work; can facilitate effective brainstorming, can project how potential ideas could play out in the marketplace.
- Create New & Different: Ability to recognize the next great breakthrough. Is creative, a visionary, and can create and bring exciting ideas to market.
- Action Oriented: Enjoys working hard and is full of energy, steadfastly pushing self and other for results. Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully and is consistently a top performer.
- Effective project management skills
- Excellent communication skills to all levels of the organization. Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Is clear, concise and persuasive. Experience creating and presenting business proposals, handling objections and overcoming obstacles
- Strong attention to detail; strong multi-tasking ability as well as ability to manage deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment
- Self-motivated and proactive individual who strives for excellence and continuous improvement.
- Cross functional leadership and team work. Self-confident, verbalizes problem solving skills, demonstrates initiative, manages and motivates team.
- Integrity and Trust: Is widely trusted, is seen as direct, truthful and can make a case in an appropriate and helpful manner.
- Must have a can-do attitude and the desire to go above and beyond in all you do!n