About the team
Come work for Fortune Magazine's 2019 #1 Best Workplaces in New York! Whether you're renting or buying an apartment in New York City, StreetEasy is the best way to find your place in the center of the universe. To help us achieve our goal of improving the home search experience for all New York Renters, StreetEasy is looking for a Product Manager who is hardworking, strategic, data-driven and comfortable with ambiguity.
You will be asked to solve complex problems as you define and lead the product strategy and roadmap we follow to realize our marketplace objectives. If you're looking for an opportunity to empower end users and make a direct impact that reshapes the real estate industry, we'd love to hear from you. This role reports to the Business Strategy Lead for the rental marketplace.About the role
Each member of the product management team at StreetEasy is oriented towards one of the company's business focus areas and tasked with owning delivery of their focus area's OKRs. We own every aspect of delivering against these objectives and we work with a fully integrated development team of engineers and designers. We deliver results for our business and innovative products to our users. In this role you will have the opportunity to:
- Define, manage, and evolve our product strategy and roadmap for delivering a transformative user experience to renters.
- Generate, analyze, and develop business cases for the initiatives you want to add to the roadmap.
- Operate a cross-functional unit of engineers and designers in an agile setting with a prioritized backlog of initiatives and forward-looking plans that align to your product strategy.
- Work directly with engineering and design to ensure all software is designed and developed to delight renters and drive business impact.
- Own product performance by setting proper success metrics that promote accountability and inform future decisions.
Who you are
- 4-6 years of product management experience, preferably focusing on a consumer facing product, with several years of experience fully owning a product roadmap.
- A strategic thinker who always aims to maximize their probability of making the right decision by collecting and assessing as much information as is necessary.
- High EQ with the ability to intuit customer needs and product solutions that could fulfill those needs.
- Data driven thought leader who can influence their team members to consider key insights.
- Team leader with a proven ability to deliver results in a cross-functional environment; you have shipped a variety of products and have procured experience that gives you confidence you can adapt to a new user base and a new operating environment.
- Multi-tasker who can manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.