About the Team
You will be part of the Supply Chain Product Management team responsible for delivering strategic solutions to drive value to our business partners and WSI. Our job is to ensure that we deliver quality IT initiatives that exceed the expectations of our customers and provide a return on our technology investment.
About the Role
In the Principle Product Manager role, you will be responsible for creating the strategic technology solutions that supports our Supply Chain. You will partner directly with the business teams to develop a product roadmap, business requirements and operational processes in support of the new functionality and capabilities driven by our IT projects. You will also partner directly with internal and external development teams to ensure the business requirements are met by the technology.
This role reports to Molly Manning.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will...
* Have responsibility for domains of the highest complexity and strategic value
* Serve as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization to provide product and user experience solutions to meet the business needs
* Work on complex issues of the highest complexity and strategic value where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including a broad understanding of current business trends
* Identify the business organization's strength and weakness and suggests areas of improvement
* Develop BRD's, negotiate agreements, provide product/project leadership and expertise
* Provide tactical work direction to team members
* Partner with a cross functional group of subject matter experts to design and execute your strategy
* Have the opportunity to be hands-on, working side by side with our people to get things done
* Provide insightful data to guide decision making and offer proactive solutions.
Why you will love working at Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
* We're a successful, fast-growing company with an entrepreneurial vibe
* A technologically and data-driven business
* Competitive salaries, and comprehensive health benefits
* We're at the forefront of tech and retail, redefining technology for the next generation
* We're passionate about our internal and external clients and live/breathe the client experience
* We get to be creative on a daily basis
* A smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
* We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative
* We have fun!
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
We're excited about you because...
* 10+ years relevant work experience in either IT, Distribution or Logistics Operations
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in IT /other relevant field of work or equivalent work experience
* Customer Service focused, with high quality standards
* Strong decision making capabilities can help organization achieve results and can impact the short-term and multi-year goals of the company
* Seasoned, senior-level professional experience or equivalent education in identifying, analyzing, and documenting requirements; analyzing application features and functions to assess scope and impact of business needs; conducting workflow, process diagrams and gap analysis; writing specifications for conversion or interface programs
* Excellent thinking and analysis skills
* Ability to work with all levels of users
* Ability to create and maintain vendor relationships
* Excellent interpersonal, business communication and writing skills
* Capable of technical troubleshooting and problem solving
* Reliable business knowledge, preferably in the retail industry and/or distribution
* Demonstrated technical adaptability/aptitude
* Knowledgeable on technical data analysis, functional design, modeling, system development processes, and software testing
* Previous experience with Warehouse Management systems (WMOS preferred) or Labor Management systems a plus but not required
* Proficient in the use of MS Excel
* Experience with Data extraction and Report tools (SQL, AS/400 Query, Crystal Reports, etc.)
* Ability to use computer for extended period of time.