The Web and DNS Security product group seeks a Senior Product Manager to own and execute the strategy for the web security market. This individual will be responsible for understanding market trends and gathering customer requirements at both a market and technical level that would drive the product roadmap. This role will work with other product and cross-functional teams that include engineering, product marketing, sales teams to deliver web security solutions to solve customer problems with speed and agility. This role will also engage with strategic customers to understand their security challenges and the competitive landscape in order to build and execute a product strategy that displaces the competition.
- Deep understanding of web security, threat prevention and other technologies related to the web security market.
- Customer experience expertise – constantly engaged with a variety of customer personas, understand deployment trends and operational patterns, understand pain points in existing solutions, and see product features through customer eyes.
- Act as a key interface between our field and engineering. Help the field and customers understand our value, competitive differentiation, and best practices for implementing our product.
- A passion for building differentiated products with great user experiences.
- Identify patterns in customer and market needs, synthesize and generalize feedback and requests, track them systematically, and deliver clear, thoughtful, and well defined product strategy.
- Being a great team member – an excellent communicator, strong collaborator, someone who solicits feedback from others, is welcoming of better ideas.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, other engineering/technical degree
- 5+ years of experience in highly technical roles in product management, development, or enterprise services, at large organizations or innovative startups
- Direct experience in web security, such as web proxies, secure web gateways (SWG), URL filtering products, DNS security products, or similar technology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent people skills, team mentality
- Demonstrable track record of success