As a key member of the Systems Management team based out of Milford, MA, this Product Manager/Owner position will be responsible for product strategy, development and lifecycle management of a chromatography product line (HPLC, UPLC). Reporting to the Director of the Systems Management team, this global position will be responsible for Stakeholder/User requirements, business cases, portfolio strategy and product development in all major markets and geographies worldwide. This is a highly visible, highly matrixed role working hand-in-hand with many cross-functional teams across the organization including RDE, Field Sales and Service, Field Marketing, Global and Vertical Marketing, Applications, Finance, and the senior management team. This position is ideal for a self-directed, highly motivated individual with strong business acumen and a strong desire to help lead and deliver true business benefits to our customer base. The position requires about 20-30% travel, both domestic and international.
- Define, develop and maintain overall product strategy and roadmap.
- Develop comprehensive and realistic business plans/cases/justifications inclusive of ROI (Return-on-investment) estimates, sales projections, and risk assessments
- Understand/articulate/incorporate customer requirement into comprehensive and justifiable product requirement documents
- Knowledge about the competitive offerings and maintaining competitive programs to ensure appropriate and real-time positioning versus competition
- Active leader/member in all new product launch teams, partnering with Global Marketing and Marketing Segment managers and field sales management teams and marketing services to define the core positioning and messaging that will be used to develop product launch materials and sales tools to ensure market success.
- In partnership with Business Development, define strategic alliance opportunities to assess partnerships and licensing options
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams such as application chemists, hardware and software engineers, project management, manufacturing, and quality control, without formal authority.
- Create and present quality educational/presentation material for sales training, customer seminars and industry webcasts/webinars.
- Bachelor’s degree in science, marketing or equivalent business experience (MBA or PhD preferred)
- A minimum of 3 years experiences in sales, business development or marketing is preferred
- A minimum of 3 years of industry experience with chromatography or analytical instrumentation is required.
- Proven ability to manage and complete multiple projects with tight timelines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skill
- Excellent interpersonal skills