The Principal Product Manager role is a strategically focused position that will entail delivering great software for our clients. In the role, you will define a clear product vision and specifications while empowering our engineering teams to design best in class software products. You will voraciously gather information directly from Vitech customers, channel partners, sales, engineering, QA and services to ensure continued evolution of our software.
- Prioritizes ruthlessly to help engineering make adjustments.
- Authority on target customer needs and usage in the Insurance, Retirement and Investment verticals.
- Creatively analyzes data to develop persuasive fact-based research.
- Drives early concept and usability testing.
- Predict likely competitive moves and impacts of technology.
- Uses both qualitative and quantitative information advantage to develop leapfrog product strategy.
- Deliver presentations to customers, explaining product advantages to help sales acquire new customers, and explaining business plans to finance.
- Bring new products to market with return-on-investment analysis.
- Determine product pricing based on market research, production costs and anticipated demand.
- Finds means to fund key innovation projects.
- Creates a “wow” factor with each release; balancing innovation with core features and maintenance.
- Prior experience working on Cloud based software.
- Life cycle product management, launching multiple software products.
- Experience keeping written documentation (Epics; Initiatives; Features; etc.) up to date.
- 10 + years of experience developing software products in an enterprise software company.
- Track record of increasing market share of core products and launching successful new products, which become profitable businesses.
- Experience presenting to customers, engineering team, and sales.
- Ability to solve problems that serve as obstacles for the business.
- Product Management with Business-Business (B-B) software
- Experience launching multiple software products
- Fluent in hands-on management of agile, iterative development processes.
- Exceptional multi-faceted communicator.
- Well versed in all the key analytical tools, e.g. price/benefit maps, economic-value to customer, discrete choice.
- Leadership and proven ability to achieve results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.