uShip's Product Management team is seeking a versatile and highly-motivated Senior Product Manager. As a part of the product management team, you must possess a unique blend of business acumen, user experience and technical skills. You will serve as a product expert, combining industry analysis, extensive market research, end-user feedback and site usage data to manage the overall product lifecycle: setting the strategic vision and product roadmap, defining requirements, collaborating with design and development to define, implement, deploy, A/B test, measure, and refine new features to deliver a world-class experience in the shipping industry.
- Create the roadmap and manage priorities for your product
- Manage the portfolio lifecycle and solutions from strategic planning to end-user adoption
- Work with the product leadership team on strategic alignment
- Work closely with UX designers to research, define, and test next generation experiences that increase the adoption of the products, improve conversion of new customers, and improve customer satisfaction
- Work closely with customer experience and sales to ingest user feedback from the field
- Actively participate in agile product development process for roadmap implementation, writing product requirements, user stories, and maintaining the product backlog of priorities in close collaboration with design and engineering
- Define data and reporting requirements and drive implementation with the data engineering and business intelligence teams that most impact Trust and Safety issues
- Design, implement and analyze A/B tests to optimize the user experience and drive key performance metrics
- Meet frequently with business stakeholders to develop a deep understanding of their business process and needs
- Relate policies and complex process into product capability to support the portfolio vision and roadmap
- Launch new products by collaborating with customer service, product marketing and marketing on go-to-market and lifecycle marketing strategies
- Handle critical, time-sensitive incidents of high impact to the company and perform post-mortem to analyze gaps and identify optimizations to products, policies and processes
- Mentor other product managers on industry best practices
- 5+ years of experience in product management at an e-commerce or internet software company
- Experience working on an eCommerce or B2B product strongly preferred
- Ability to think strategically and act tactically
- Data driven decision maker who balances stakeholder inputs and customer insights
- Experience with UI/UX design and usability
- Experience with online A/B testing to drive improvement in customer experience and business results
- Experience utilizing web analytics and data analysis to aid business decisions
- Experience with customer centricity and voice of the customer programs
- Validated experience in embracing product management standard methodologies and policies
- Ability to collaborate closely with designers and usability researchers to drive product features and enhancements
- Strong communication and presentation abilities
- High level of initiative and commitment to building a premier user experience for our customers
- BS or BA in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business or an equivalent field
Why work at uShip?
- Competitive Salary
- 100% Paid health and dental insurance
- Stock Options
- Annual uShip Free Shipping Allowance ($500)
- Free lunch, snacks, and drinks
- Dog friendly
- Casual dress code
- And so much more!
uShip is the world's first and largest shipping marketplace. Consumers and businesses can compare and book bids from hundreds of thousands of customer-reviewed transportation service providers, ranging from independent owner-operators to the largest freight carriers and brokers. Customers save money and service providers use their empty cargo space – everyone wins! We're an Internet company focused on solving a real-world problem and having loads (pun intended) of fun along the way. Our platform and service providers were even featured in A&E's real life drama, 'Shipping Wars.'
uShip welcomes diversity in all its forms and believe we're better collaborators, strategizers, and thinkers because of it. uShip is an equal opportunity employer. We are inspired to find candidates who embody our Core Values. uShip prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, parental status, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.