WHAT YOU’LL DO
You will develop and lead the execution of payer marketing programs for the continuous and blood glucose monitoring portfolio at Abbott Diabetes Care. Addressing patient affordability and access is a critical need in the evolving managed care landscape. You will work cross-functionally with sales, marketing, regulatory, government and medical affairs teams to generate key messages and tactics to expand access of on-market and new products. You will be engaged in the customer strategy, planning and execution (e.g. training, account management tools/resources) to meet the needs of the company’s managed customers such as public and private payers, integrated delivery networks and key healthcare organizations. You will be responsible for the planning and execution of key payer initiatives and specific promotional activities and tactics for customers or products to establish, enhance or distinguish coverage and access within the continuous glucose monitoring market.
- Participate in development and delivery of strategic and tactical market access marketing plans; take the lead in translating strategic plans into tactical plans, including objectives, goals, and performance metrics to measure effectiveness and progress against goals, to differentiate against current and anticipated competitive threats in market access channels
- Understand clinical (e.g. RCTs, real-world, meta-analysis) and economic data and stakeholder insights to lead the development and maintenance of the managed care value proposition for assigned products
- Manage marketing/advertising agencies and associated budget to ensure high quality, timely deliverables
- Profile current payer accounts, identify potential channels. and execute marketing tactics within identified channels, e.g., Commercial, Medicare, Medicaid, IDN, ACOs
- Review and utilize market research and other marketplace intelligence to ensure alignment of relevant managed care marketing plans and tactics
- Lead all payer pull-through initiatives, including design and implementation of key field access tools and resources
- Partner with Business Analytics on the delivery of market insights that inform payer customer strategies, tactics and product forecasts
- Develop insights, strategies, and tactics for reimbursement, distribution, and access to include, but not limited to coverage dashboards, access website support, payer team tools, market access account team messaging and access-related sales tools.
- Support and contribute to development of materials/ resources for sales meetings, conferences and trade shows.
- Train account teams on Market Access Programs
- Ensure that all activities within the role of Sr Product Manager, U.S. Managed Care Marketing remain in compliance with all corporate, regulatory, and legal guidelines
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
Bachelors Degree with at least 4-6 years of related experience, with at least one year of experience in marketing or product management, or MBA with 1-3 years of related experience. Strong presentation & communication skills, strategic planning, critical thinking and analysis of market conditions.