The Senior Tolling Product Manager manages the effective planning and lifecycle management of one or more of Cubic’s products. Product planning responsibilities include awareness and analysis of business and operational needs and translates them to product requirements and roadmap. This position typically works under general supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise limited decision-making authority.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the global life-cycle ownership of multiple assigned products or product lines.
- Responsible for virtual product P&L health including revenue, cost, margin, inventory, licensing cost, and other financial aspects.
- Creates, reviews, and maintains product roadmaps.
- Ensures managed products are aligned with the company’s strategic and business objectives by working with the strategy team and other members of the management team; Pro-actively provide feedback to these teams to help inform long-term strategy/planning work.
- Works with multiple product managers and business development executive resources to gather market requirements; consolidate into product requirements and use cases while ensuring optimal technology and component reuse.
- Accountable for meeting or exceeding company’s product reuse target metrics.
- Collaborates with the market & competitive intelligence team to ensure the envisioned product is appropriate for the market.
- Works with Technology team and provide direction to identify emerging technologies and trends to incorporate into the product roadmap.
- Directs products from ideation to development, monitor product health throughout its life, and manage EOL and transition; Provides directions to others and ensure timeline targets are met.
- Represents products in governance and executive meetings to secure additional funding for roadmap build-out and feature enhancements.
- Ensures that business vision and goals associated with feature sets are communicated clearly to the engineering and programs teams and that delivered products address business value; Work to address disconnects with engineering management and program management if objectives are not met.
- Serves as a product champion within the project team to continuously ensure development activities are optimally aligned with customer needs.
- Participates in sizing meetings, planning meetings, daily Scrums, Sprint reviews, and team retrospectives.
- Helps set, monitor, and revise global pricing guidance based on market, competitive environment, and cost restrictions.
- Provides product-related content to the marketing organization for the creation of collateral, sales tools and marketing programs; Provides direction and review of these materials to ensure they meet the strategy objectives.
- Helps drive build vs buy analysis and decisions related to product development.
- Participates in due diligence exercises relating to partnering and M&A opportunities, participate in executive meetings.
- Identifies strategic market gaps to develop new product concepts at the executive staff level.
- Develops business cases for new product concept proposals.
- Presents business cases, roadmaps, and product-health updates within the product review meetings.
- Manages other product planning managers and/or analysts.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Four-year college degree, or equivalent, in software, electrical, mechanical engineering, computer science or related technical discipline, plus a minimum of ten years in technical, product management, product marketing or similar capacity. Familiarity and experience with product management is desired. Tolling/ road user charging product management or development experience is desired.
Must have excellent communication skills with the ability to interact professionally with diverse groups including executives, managers, engineers and subject matter experts to communicate new ideas/issues requirement or the potential downside of continuing development on any product that might no longer be delivering intended value to customers. Possess a mixture of technical, business, and interpersonal skills to work closely with internal and external stakeholders as well as customers, management, vendors, partners and the industry as a whole. Must be very detail orientated and be able to plan and work flexibly to a deadline. Proficiency with Microsoft Office required. Willing and able to travel domestically and internationally up to 40%