H&R Block is looking for a talented Product Manager to join the Client Experience team. This person will be responsible for delivering an outstanding experience for consumers using online assisted tax prep products.
As a Product Manager on the Client Experience team, you will be accountable for:
- Work with the Lead Product Manager to define the overall product vision and strategies for Tax Pro Go – an online assisted tax prep solution.
- Ensure that product goals are accomplished and in line with business objectives.
- Being the heart, mind and voice of the client.
- Creating and ensuring delivery of consumer-facing product interaction and implementation requirements and user stories to meet specific consumer needs.
- Meet with internal product sponsors, stakeholders, and cross-functional team members to receive feedback on current systems, processes, procedures and to identify and prioritize initiatives.
- Manage goals, time frames, and funding limitations
- Establish processes to monitor business performance vs targets and course correct, as needed
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Relentless in the pursuit of creating an outstanding client experience that delights and amazes our customers.
- Own overall responsibility for the success of assigned projects.
- Understand business goals and client research and data to create hypotheses and define requirements for solving client pain points.
- Take an iterative approach to creating a client experience that is focused on improving ease of use.
- Collaborate effectively across the enterprise to create deliverables to meet product objectives and create alignment to provide a seamless user experience
- Have ability to discuss technical issues at a high-level with engineering and understand design implementation and impact.
- Review and analyze product metrics to inform strategic and tactical product decisions
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related area, or the equivalent through a combination of education and work experience.
- Five to seven years of experience in product management with web-based and/or mobile applications or equivalent. The ideal candidate willhave experience managing consumer-facing virtual products or products in the software industry.
- Experience leading teams in a matrix management environment with demonstrated record of establishing priorities and deadlines
- Passion for solving problems for customers and their tax preparation needs.
- Ability to think creatively.
- Very detail oriented.
- Ability to quickly grasp new areas of business and new technologies
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Demonstrated decision-making, analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Effective written and oral presentation and facilitation skills, including the ability to communicate with all levels of internal associates and business partners to influence a wide range of audiences.
- Tax or financial background
- Technical background or experience building products and features that rely on one or two-way data communication with 3rd party systems
- Experience or understanding of financial technologies (fintech)
- Experience with OCR and intelligent content extraction technologies