SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
SS&C Brokerage Solutions team is looking for an experienced Product Manager. Participates in product planning and execution throughout the entire product life cycle, from concept through end-of-life planning for an agile scrum development team. Conducts buy vs. build analyses, creates business cases for proposed new features, and identifies requirements for future and current products in the context of the company's strengths and capabilities, technologies, quality, costs, customer interactions, and marketplace demands. Performs research and analysis and provides input to the product vision and strategy, product solution development plan, product roadmap, pricing models, positioning in the marketplace, and launch process. Develops, tracks, and reports on multiple products simultaneously, in various cycles of development. Applies technical expertise, business acumen, product knowledge, and industry experience to effectively manage the product lifecycle. Has a strong understanding of the competitive feature
- Demonstrating initiative and problem solving skills
- Perform research and analysis to provide for product vision and strategy.
- Develop, track, and report on 8-10 projects simultaneously, in various cycles of development.
- Learn about business domains and how they function, translating that learning into actionable items designed to benefit the organization.
- Using root cause analysis, define underlying problems and build solutions to positively impact those problems.
- Generate new ideas for approaches to problem solving and provide alternative solutions. It is important to understand how the people, processes and technology interact in relationship and patterns to create the best solution.
- Analyze data, processes and situations to produce detailed project documentation and deliverables, including business benefits, project benefits, feasibility, requirements, scope, risks and justification.
- Apply technical expertise, business acumen, product knowledge, and industry knowledge to effectively manage the product lifecycle.
- Represent the market within the division and work with development to ensure delivery of relevant and impactful software and solutions.
- Establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
- Effectively communicate within a variety of settings using diverse styles that are appropriate to the target audience.
- Make decisions on key projects and communicate project overviews and changes in scope on a regular basis.
- Document product roadmaps on a monthly basis to communicate project benefits, accomplishments, and any changes in scope.
- At least 4 years of product management experience / development life cycle OR
- At least 5 years in implementation consulting, client relationship, applications analysis, marketing, software development, and/or project management experience.
- Ability to manage inter-project dependencies across a multiple groups organization
- Excellent facilitation, verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. The ability to communicate effectively at all levels and to all functional groups. The ability to translate technical requirements and issues into appropriate context.
- Ability to successfully multi-task in the face of ambiguity, switching gears as priorities shift
- Strong written skills and ability to solicit requirements from stakeholders
- Financial industry knowledge preferred
- Proficient in Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint