In this role, you have the opportunity to
As a Product Manager in the Oncology Informatics and Genomics team, you will lead and own defining, building and launching a state of the art, first of its class solution that has real impact on oncology patients’ lives. Our products, IntelliSpace Genomics and IntelliSpace Oncology were introduced in 2016 / 7 to integrate large-scale genomic analysis with extensive contextual clinical patient data. The solution is built on Philips HealthSuite, a cloud-enabled connected health ecosystem of devices, apps and digital tools that work seamlessly together to enable personalized integrated health and continuous care.
We need a strong product manager to manage product requirements and adding new product offerings.
In this role, your responsibilities will be:
- Spearhead, with the CTO, marketing and engineering teams, the creation of a wining, first of its class, cutting edge Oncology Informatics and Genomics solution.
- Intensively work with customers / strategic partners to understand needs creating and maintaining the backlog and roadmap for the Oncology Informatics business.
- See across different customers, segments and markets to create a unified as possible product offering capable of serving the width and breadth of customers’ needs over multiple releases.
- Identify and creatively define product themes, epics and features collaborating with CTO, clinical, design and R&D stake holders.
- Balance customer priorities, time and resource constraints to create a razor sharp backlog and roadmap for the business securing and driving the right focus through a value first approach.
- Recommending the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
- Assessing market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' products.
- Drive development and launch of Oncology and Genomics solutions in all markets.
- Conduct customer presentations and participate in critical congresses to increase visibility
- Understands quality medical software frameworks, regulatory aspects for healthcare/life sciences (HIPAA, 21CFRpart11) ?
- Take part in developing integrated marketing stories that meet the needs of priority customer segments, tailored by market.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies and conventions.
You are a part of
A highly motivated and multi-disciplinary team, who creates innovative genomic and oncology products at Philips. Our team utilizes the latest technologies in informatics, oncology informatics, human genomics, SW engineering, cloud technologies, analytics, machine learning, natural language processing, big data and others. As the product manager you will have all those and a great team at your hands to compose the best product you can imagine.
The product manager works within a team of product managers and collaboratively with customers, management, R&D, marketing and clinical science team to create the strategic requirements, backlog and roadmap for the business. In this position, you will be reporting to the head of product management in Cambridge, MA.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- PhD in Bioinformatics, Computer Science or equivalent (or MS with 5+ years of experience)
- At least 5 years of experience in healthcare product management, product development or related field
- Deep knowledge and 5+ years’ experience in bioinformatics and / or medical oncology
- At least 3 years of experience working in a global company directly interacting with global teams
- SW life cycle understanding is a great advantage
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment is a great advantage
- Experience in SaaS product development / management is a great advantage
- Great collaborator, great people driver with and without authority.
- Customer facing attitude capable of working with executives, MDs and customer project managers.
- Ability to work both on detailed descriptions and on abstract concepts
- Ability to prioritize and take hard decisions.
- Proactive and positive attitude towards complex challenging multidisciplinary problems
- Self-motivate and driven to improve quality in healthcare
- US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa."
In return, we offer you
At Philips, we are driven by our mission to improve the lives of 3 billion people per year by 2025, and every day we move closer to achieving our goal by creating cutting-edge solutions that lead to confident diagnosis, improved care, and increased quality of life for patients. Named one of the Top 50 Happiest Companies in America in 2013, we enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people centric learning, total rewards and personalized development planning programs.