SmartDrive Systems gives fleets and drivers unprecedented driving performance insight and analysis, helping save fuel, expenses and lives. Its video analysis, predictive analytics and personalized performance program help fleets improve driving skills, lower operating costs, and deliver significant ROI. With an easy-to-use managed service, fleets and drivers can access and self-manage driving performance anytime, anywhere. The Company has compiled the world's largest storehouse of nearly 200 million analyzed risky-driving events, including video and comprehensive sensor data. SmartDrive Systems is based in San Diego, CA, Shenzen, China, and Hyderabad, India, and employs over 600 people worldwide.
At SmartDrive, we are passionate about safety and enabling fleets to reduce collisions and operating expenses. Our products leverage video analysis, computer vision, machine learning, predictive analytics, personalized performance programs, and the world’s largest repository of nearly 200 million analyzed risky driving events to deliver ground-breaking solutions for our customers, helping them enhance their operations, improve safety, lower expenses, and save lives.
Our business is nearly doubling every year, and our people are a key enabler of that growth. We are looking for a passionate, creative, and motivated individual to join the Product Management team in delivering products that continue this growth and make a meaningful difference in the lives of others.
You will be responsible for defining and developing innovative, differentiated, best-in-class products, leveraging deep customer insights and knowledge of the competitive landscape. You will own the product strategy, planning, and execution throughout the product lifecycle. This includes developing business cases based on solid technical and analytical justifications, preparing roadmaps, and interfacing with business stakeholders and engineering to define and drive feature requirements from conception to completion among other tasks.
This is a critical individual contributor role. You will work with many of the 600 people worldwide who are employed at SmartDrive in offices in the United States, United Kingdom, China, and India and lead the organization to realize our business goals.
- Develop and manage the product strategy and roadmap for SmartDrive’s products, working with stakeholders and senior management to plan and prioritize product deliverables and schedules
- Prepare product requirements that address the objectives of the company, competitive outlook, industry direction, resource constraints, timeline, etc.
- Lead cross-functional teams with respect to requirements interpretation, product decisions, specification reviews, customer satisfaction issues, and scheduling
- Manage the product backlog
- Evaluate the impact of trade-off decisions between programs and capabilities
- Clearly communicate product development updates, risks, and issues to stakeholders and senior management
- Maintain a high attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Proactively identify and resolve issues that may impair SmartDrive’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical objectives
- Develop and deliver technical and business presentations and training
- Passionate about beautifully designed and highly functional business application experiences
- Experience managing products through their entire lifecycle with a track record of successful delivery of multiple software/SaaS products
- 7 – 10 years of product management with experience in computer vision, deep learning, and business process applications / optimization
- BA/BS in Business or Computer Science, ideally with an MBA
- Able to design innovative features and cohesive products from analytics, have an eye for details, and focus on users, results, and business goals
- Demonstrated experience in identifying customer and business problems, crafting the product vision, writing clear/concise requirements with consideration for the end-to-end experience, and leading the execution team to deliver on time and on budget
- Identify and drive the development, execution, and implementation of optimizations and automated processes while simultaneously improving the customer experience
- Partner with business subject matter experts and thought leaders in identifying improvement opportunities, defining requirements and user stories that support process re-engineering efforts, reporting metrics, and verification of successful outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts and manage trade-offs
- Experienced in agile development processes and acting as the Product Owner for Sprint teams
- Proven analytical and critical thinking skills
- Highly organized, even in a rapidly changing environment
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, presentation skills, strong work ethic, and self-motivated
- Effective in cross-functional team environments
- Fun and energetic personality
- Willingness and ability to travel within the United States and to the United Kingdom, India, and China