Skillshare is seeking a seasoned product thinker to help build and grow an incredible experience for our community of teachers and students. They are responsible for guiding multidisciplinary teams toward a common goal: shipping high-quality products and features to drive our goals.
From incrementally improving core features to delivering brand new ideas and utilizing innovative technology, you’ll be leading teams through every phase of the product process: brainstorming, research, wireframing, testing, development, deployment, data analyses, and iteration. Your ability to execute by synthesizing broad strokes into clear, actionable, and phased roadmaps and KPIs must be top notch. Your problem-solving ability and endless verve for mapping obstacles and devising creative solutions must be unmatched. Your ability to collaborate, communicate with, and guide others to deliver meaningful outcomes, off the charts.
- Create a clear product vision based on an in-depth understanding of our customers, competitive landscape, and company objectives
- Technical enough to talk shop with and gain the respect of world-class engineers
- Best friends with designers and loves to build products for everyone, not just themselves
- Prepared to write specs, manage project execution, A/B test, wireframe, and define product roll-out strategies
- Able to process, review and interpret large bodies of qualitative and quantitative data on customer usage patterns to uncover new product insights
- Collaborative and works with engineering, design and marketing teams to plan, build and launch high quality product experiences that simplify the way people work together
- 5+ years experience in a Product Manager role
- Ability to analyze and use data to inform decisions
- Strong strategic mindset, comprehends the big picture.
- Deep understanding and empathy for users
- Launched multiple successful products and features, preferably on multiple platforms (iOS, Android, desktop, and web)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to lead teams and work cross-functionally in a highly collaborative environment
About SkillshareSkillshare’s mission is to create an open meritocracy in the new economy by providing universal access to professional development and opportunities. With more than 15,000 classes taught by 4,000+ practicing professionals, we have helped more than 2.5 million students build the skills they need to succeed. We are backed by Union Square Ventures, Spark Capital, Amasia and Omidyar Network.